Apprentice Estimator / Surveyor
Exceptional opportunity in Portsmouth for an Apprentice Estimator to join a truly different and unique organisation
Your new company
Our client is a company on an exciting journey that will see it organically double in size over the next 5 years. You will join a company that has embarked on a journey that has already delivered success with incremental contract wins. Our client is focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south coast of England. The identity, cultural fit and value alignment will be key to your success, as the company ethos of "integrity built in" defines the entire operations.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to join the business development team based in Portsmouth.
The Apprentice Surveyor will initially join the Estimating team working on tenders for new business and have the opportunity to learn about the pre-construction process. Further placements will be agreed with the individual but are likely to include time with quantity surveying team and experience on a live project site. The chosen individual will be fully supported to study for an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Surveying or Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) in Construction/Built Environment.
- Supporting the estimating team will managing invitations to tender / requests for quotations received from clients
- Print, collate, prepare and review tender documentation and drawings issued by customers
- Support estimators to complete take offs from tender documents, site surveys and drawings to produce detailed bills of quantities
- Identify suitable subcontractors and send out pricing enquiries
- Assist in the compilation of quotations from subcontractors & suppliers
- Support the operations team and internal safety team to develop the construction method for project including construction programme, site set-up and logistics, temporary works registers and method statements
- Support with bid team to ensure that tenders are submitted in a timely fashion and to a high standard of presentation.
- Any other general business support activity as required
The ideal candidate
As the ideal Apprentice Estimator / Surveyor, you will have:
- 5 GCSE’s at C or including English & Maths
- Relevant vocational or academic qualifications necessary to gain entry to apprenticeship programme
- Demonstrable interest in a career in the construction industry
This is the perfect opportunity for enthusiastic and hard-working young person to start a professional career in the Construction industry as part of an expanding local company with a commitment to investing in and developing their staff. If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please click APPLY below to register your interest.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76107915