Senior IT Security Specialist
IT Security Senior Specialist
IT Security Sr. Specialist provides expertise in the evaluation, development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of information security tools and technologies. Participates in day to day security operations and the security incident response process.
It is a hands-on role, requiring technical skills from information security engineering activities to the contribution towards secure software development and a thorough understanding of industry regulations and compliance standards.
You will also work closely with software engineering architects and teams to ensure security is built into products from the ground up, so the role requires strong technical and analytical skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expertise for the monitoring and management of Security information and event management (SIEM) system.
- Must have an understanding of malware in both static and dynamic environments, understanding its capabilities, and the threat it poses. Must be able to provide guidance and mitigation strategies to protect against malware.
- Provide expertise on various security tools, including firewalls, Web Application firewalls, IDS/IDP, anti-malware software.
- Provide and participate in the computer security incident response (CSIRT) process by ensuring that the process is being followed and documented. Respond to escalated security events and drive the security incident response process.
- Participate in the evaluation, development and implementation of security standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments.
- Participate in vulnerability scans, penetration tests and ethical hacking tests that are conducted and manage results to remediation of issues found.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid understanding SIEM operations.
- Experience with the CSIRT process.
- Experience with industry standard security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS, Anti-virus and DLP.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (i.e., FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, SNMP, SSH, Syslog and SMTP).
- Knowledge of how to apply information security principles to secure platforms and prevent threats.
- Ability to influence change in corporate understanding and adoption of information security concepts.
- Experience in multiple operating system environments (windows, UNIX, etc.)
- Ability to manage various technical projects to completion.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76005806