Extended Assurance - Senior Manager, Financial Services
EY's Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our Extended Assurance team across Edinburgh and Glasgow. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Extended Assurance team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders over financial and non-financial risks through the rigorous independent assessment of policies, processes and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms' internal processes, for example through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. Frequently, these new processes will differ from the processes used to prepare financial statements - and it may not be possible to reconcile the two. This disconnect leads to management concern that the output is inaccurate and that this may result in a reputational impact and a fine. Extended Assurance provides assurance around these processes.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an assurance professional, with compliance, risk or governance experience, who has a strong background in Wealth and Asset Management. Candidates should have experience of having worked within an assurance role, ideally from within the Big 4, and with specific experience in FCA compliance and conduct risk.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
Role Profile & Skills required:
- Degree level education ideally with a professional qualification, either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an industry qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ICA.
- Desire to build and develop a career in assisting Wealth and Asset Management clients with controls, policy and process assessments or improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) opinion or the provision of insightful findings & recommendations.
- Practical experience of regulatory topics such as Business Standards (COBS, MCOB, BCOBS, MAR), Complaints / Disputes (DISP), MIFID II and the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR).
- Practical experience of having led and delivered internal audit and / or compliance services to the wealth and asset management sector.
- Strong knowledge of the financial services sector and the three lines of defence approach to risk management and risk governance. Specifically, an understanding of conduct risk and operational risk frameworks and the way that they are implemented and embedded within business operations.
- The intellectual rigour and flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems or regulatory rules and guidance and to rationalise these into a pragmatic, commercially-viable and compliant workable solutions based on specific client business activities.
- A demonstrable ability to work with and manage stakeholders and projects which potentially span multiple functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive and commitment to achieving solutions and the ability to work and lead under pressure.
- A deep market and client network.
- Experience of having worked within a compliance, risk or assurance function, in either first, second or third line of defence, of an asset manager, insurer, bank or building society.
- Practical experience of conducting Controls Assurance projects such as risk assessments of the design and suitability of control frameworks with an ability to provide robust challenge (potentially including reporting under ISAE 3402 or similar frameworks).
- Experience of working on regulator-mandated projects, such as s166 (or equivalent), either on behalf of the regulator or financial institution, including conduct remediation projects.
- Project management experience.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76046875