Join our new Innovation team as a Scrum Master, supporting our colleagues in delivering a World Class Customer Experience, through a wide variety of Digital, technical and infrastructure projects.
As Scrum Master you will facilitate and coach software development teams (SCRUM), to deliver quality software solutions at pace. The successful candidate will need to focus on getting the teams, product owners and wider organisation engaged in improving the process of product delivery. Amongst the current challenges are streamlining the architectural signoff process; establishing whole-team accountability and cross functionality; getting better visibility of medium and long term forecasts; establishing a community of knowledge sharing across teams.
The Innovation team's purpose is to transform our business to provide an unrivalled digital experience for our customers and suppliers. As a Scrum Master you will play a critical role ensuring the timely delivery of software development that can transform our customer experience. This is a great time to join RS, and be involved in the Agile journey.
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 44,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.27bn.
We are looking for competent and skilled individuals who are keen to make a difference.
What we are looking for in detail
The Business Change function is responsible for successfully delivering a range of projects in support of the corporate strategy that impact all areas of the business and which can span more than one financial year.
- Responsible for providing coaching, facilitation and support to the team and the wider organisation
- Responsible for leading an Agile, self-organising software product development team, empowering them to make great decisions in how they develop, test and release software
- Responsible for supporting the Product Owner in developing and managing the backlog, creating appropriate stories, grooming, and prioritisation
- Responsible for supporting the Product Owner and the Development team in delivering high quality software that delight customers
- Responsible for helping the team to understand their process and achieve reliable, predictable delivery
- Responsible for facilitating the removal of impediments to the team
- Work with colleagues to improve our ability to deliver software, reducing our time to market whilst improving the quality of software delivered
- Work with other Scrum Masters, to ensure that Agile principles and practices are adhered to
- Promote values such as trust and respect, and encourage problems to be raised openly
- Contribute to the Agile community internally (guilds, brown bags, etc.) and externally (meetups, conferences, etc.)
- Contribute to the culture of Continuous Improvement across the organisation
As an Agile Scrum Master your skills and experience will include:
Good experience leading one or more Agile teams
Servant Leader - able to gather support and respect from the team, willingness to help, hands on and practical.
Assertiveness - defend the process, Agile principles, and the team, and be the voice of reason.
Agent for Change - continually engaged in self-improvement and encourage and create an environment that fosters continual improvement.
Experience of working with, and able to apply, other development approaches; understanding how they relate to and differ from Agile.
What we can offer
In return, we offer an outstanding benefits package, which includes pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life insurance and career development to rival any global organisation. We provide a healthy work/life balance, along with a fulfilling and rewarding long term career.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76148026