My client based in Peterlee is looking to recruit an experienced Cost Accountant/Controller.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director and Purchasing Manager, you will be experienced in a similar role from an automotive and/or engineering background and ideally will have strong financial and purchasing experience.
You will have responsibility for the cost accounting function for the business operation in order to meet reporting requirements/standards, in line with strict and tight deadlines, providing management with full transparency of plant operating costs.
Duties and experience
- Further develop cost accounting systems for the business unit
- Analyse and attribute variable and fixed costs to the respective cost accounts
- Track and maintain standard cost compared to actual cost and moving average cost
- Inventory management/reporting - Valuation, KPIs, stock turns, forecasts, perpetual programs, stock accuracy
- Conduct product profit margin analysis (sales revenue vs. cost of sales, variable costs and fixed costs)
- Ensure the accuracy of plant product cost criteria (i.e. material, labour, factory overhead, etc.)
- Prepare regular reports for internal stakeholders
- Maintain annual standard calculations for material, labour, and overhead
- Assist in internal auditing schedule of sales orders, purchase orders, expense reports, accounting documents, inventory transactions
- Liaising with external auditors on all matters concerning inventory & product cost etc.
- Reconciliation of inventory movements by customer / product line
- Control & maintenance of detailed product cost matrix
- Ensure alignment of ERP system costs with the above
- Participation in quotation calculations and business case preparations
- Monthly product cost/profit forecasts aligned with sales (inc currency impacts)
- Must have a relevant finance qualification
- Will ideally have worked in a similar role for at least 3 years
- Must be computer literate with a very good knowledge in the use of Excel / MS-Office, with experience of ERP systems
39 hours day shift
May be some travel throughout the UK and aboard which is included in the salary
£28,000 - £38,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75940594