F&I Compliance Manager
At CarShop, we are absolutely committed to making sure our Colleagues have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what they are doing and are rewarded for their achievements.
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- 22 days’ holiday that increases with length of service, plus Bank Holidays
- Company Car
- BUPA Private medical insurance options
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Assurance scheme
Let’s start with the facts
CarShop aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help us maintain our position as the UK’s leading used car supermarket group. It will also enable us to set the standard by which all other motor dealerships and car supermarkets are measured. Established in 1999, CarShop have a £200 million annual turnover, 20,000 + annual retail sales, up to 5,000 cars in group stock at any one time, over 500 employees, 17 years of experience, 5 huge retail stores, and huge ambition for continued innovation and success.
The job in a nutshell
Due to our phenomenal success and growth we are looking for an experienced F&I Manager to join our business. This is a new and exciting role, based at our Head Office in Northampton and reports directly to our CFO. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all Finance & Insurance “F&I” and General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR” regulatory compliance requirements within CarShop.
What you will be doing
- To be responsible for the F&I and GDPR compliance of CarShop with all regulatory rules and requirements (wide and varied)
- To assist the stores in meeting and maintaining the required standards as dictated by the FCA for selling, recommending or dispensing advice relating to general insurance and/or finance products or services offered by CarShop to our customers
- Responsible for reporting and compliance with the Data Protection Act and prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation on its planned implementation in May 2018
- Maintain and update as required all regulatory documentation and manuals
- Training and Competency
- In conjunction with the CarShop Training Manager (Sales), ensure effective training programme materials to include sale scripts, sales aids, key procedures and with sufficient focus on integrity and regulatory standards for authorised persons
- Assist with the regulatory compliance education and training to Senior Management and the business
- Complaints management
- Analysis of customer complaints records (e.g. by product type, root cause analysis, store location etc) to ascertain if training and competence schemes within the business are effective
- Monitor customer feedback from internal surveys and mystery shops to ascertain any trends / root causes that could potentially lead to customer complaint
- Support with the analysis and evaluation of regulatory changes for inclusion in procedures and likely impact on business, both financially and operationally
- Implement a schedule of store audits of a sample of “Demands and Needs” to ensure compliance with CarShop standards. “Demand and Needs” falldown reports to be monitored and appropriate actions with stores taken.
- Regular interaction with the CarShop parent company Sytner Group Limited compliance and training teams to share best practice. Ultimate objective to have a single, consistent approach to compliance and sales process.
- Attend regular Sytner Group Limited Compliance meetings and F&I Communications meetings as required
- With the Sytner Head of Group F&I Compliance and CarShop CFO design, implement and maintain a compliance monitoring program.
- Produce timely and relevant reports to management of areas of potential concern, providing considered and effective recommendations for action and improvement
- Assist in conducting investigations where potential issues have been identified and produce appropriate reports and action plans to ensure future compliance.
- Implement a programme of site visits to conduct FCA compliance audits to assess effectiveness of the sales process
- Review F & I management information to identify potential trends for further investigation; indicators to include complaints, cancellations, VAP ‘initiated’ sales, high penetration rates, volumes of sales, etc.
- Review/have oversight on all CarShop website and marketing material to ensure compliance with FCA regulations/principles.
- In conjunction with the Sytner Head of Group F&I Compliance and CarShop CFO manage and agree pay plans
What we expect from you
As a thriving successful company, we are very selective about whom we employ and our F&I Manager role is a Senior Management role within our Business. As a growing and performing business we can certainly help you fulfil your career aspirations.
We are looking for someone who has experience of compliance role within the automotive industry as well as knowledge of UK regulatory framework and requirements and a good understanding of the regulatory requirements applicable to F&I/FCA/DPA. You need to be driven, confident and highly motivated, willing to embrace new initiatives. You will also need to be flexible as there will be travel to all of our stores with at least one overnight stay per week.
You will also need to hold a full UK Driving License
What happens next?
Once you have completed your application, our People Team will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If suitable, our team will then contact you to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
CarShop is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes all applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75934923