Head of SAP Practice, Group ERP and Payroll
The Head of SAP Practice - Group ERP and Payroll will lead the ERP and Payroll functional/technical team and will be accountable and responsible for
- Delivering functional changes and fixes into production, operating a devops model through mixed sourcing – internal or partners through internal development, fixed price, CBP and incident bundling model.
- Development and support for all Group ERP and Payroll solutions in SAP Payroll (UK and NA) and SAP IS-Oil
- Driving standards and customisation in adherence to Digital Enterprise Systems SAP strategy.
- Managing their operational queues in adherence to the Digital Enterprise Systems operations SLA’s, KPI’s and operational process.
- Practice locations will not be confined to a specific location but bulk of the team will be spread between UK and NA.
- Representing the development and support function in scoping, shaping and delivering business solutions and projects within Digital Enterprise Systems
- Identifying synergies across the development and support area and develop approaches for reducing cost, risk and timescales for delivery and operational fixes
- Managing internal and external resources in order to plan, estimate and carry out programmes of systems development work to time, budget and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards
- Identifies and ensures on-going efficiencies and improvements across the development and support group
- Plays a part in the wider policy making and overall management of information within the development and support function
- Responsible for the management of Lead Developers and Developers
- Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload, and the workload of those in the Group ERP and Payroll Practice Team
- Continuously plans for delivery of technical solutions/releases within area of responsibility
- Oversee the resourcing of the agreed programme of systems development and support taking full responsibility for the provision of development resources
- Works to define a costed and prioritised programme of systems development and support which supports the organisation’s objectives and strategic plans
- Ensures that planned systems developments and support are compatible with the organisation’s existing systems, infrastructure and strategic plans
- Communicates information about the agreed prioritised programme of system development and how it supports the organisation’s objectives
- Managing their operational production queues in adherence to the Digital Enterprise Systems operations SLA’s, KPI’s and operational process.
- Manage the production of all technical deliverables within the development and support area to include QA and review of all deliverables upon completion
- Inputs into the selection of standards, methods and procedures and ensures they are adhered to
- Ensure that systems and procedures for monitoring and reporting on the progress of systems development projects are in place and operated effectively, and that action is taken to deal with exceptions, problems and unforeseen events in a timely manner, escalating as appropriate
- Work with the IS Commercial and Procurement function (as appropriate) to:
- Determine the sourcing approach across the portfolio of applications
- Negotiate appropriate contracts for development and support through external suppliers
- Manage key suppliers responsible for development and support activities
- Responsible for managing a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships
- Maintains a deep understanding of the needs of stakeholders to ensure all activity delivers greatest value
- Ensures and promotes cross working with multiple stakeholders
Leadership and People Management (or Teamwork)
- Champions the promotion of excellent managerial skills, as well as excellent technical capabilities
- Responsible for driving outstanding performance and gaining commitment through developing, coaching, motivating, energising and inspiring team members
- Responsible for resource planning of development and support teams
- Conducts performance and development reviews for the team and champions the concept of performance management
- Develops relationship with key stakeholders to understand their needs and their use of the Digital Enterprise systems SAP solutions
- Leadership of development and support teams
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Extensive experience in managing large SAP teams.
- Extensive experience in IT.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills driving outstanding performance, through coaching, motivating, energising and inspiring team members
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work effectively across matrix organisation structures
- Technical Experience in key domains like ERP and payroll (UK and NA specifics) and SAP modules like SAP Payroll and SAP IS-Oil
- Knowledge of application life cycle management, middleware, synchronisation and security frameworks
- Professional with substantial work experience and significant functional and technical expertise/education or ability to manage operations, particularly for the SAP landscape, the specific modules like SAP Payroll and SAP IS-Oil being desireable
- Managing large SAP teams.
- Experience within Utilities/Finance/ Telco
- Wider technical and functional knowledge in utilities/Finance/telco domains and business stakeholder management
Salary - Competitive + Benefits
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75947236