IT SharePoint Administrator
JD Sports Fashion Plc has long been established as the leading UK specialised multiple retailer of fashionable branded and own brand sports and casual wear, principally through the growth of its main retail fascia, JD Sports. The group now has over 800 stores and is continuing to grow.
Our workforce is built on motivated self-starters and we encourage our people to constantly seek ways to improve our business. This means challenging the way we merchandise, sell and manage the business, being creative and forward thinking in suggesting alternative solutions. Problems are solved and opportunities seized by people from all levels of the organisation, working together.
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for the day to day maintenance of the SharePoint environment, including responding to SharePoint related incidents, implementing change requests and completing technical project work to meet new requirements.
In addition, the SharePoint administrator will be responsible for the company intranet, and will be expected to play a key role in encouraging all areas of the business to utilise this platform as a collaboration tool
The SharePoint Administrator should be a self-motivated and well organised individual with a good understanding of complex technical environments and the technologies used. Demonstrating excellent problem-solving skills with the tenacity to own and drive business requests through to delivered solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the business users and Group IT teams, and facilitate communication and education between the two disciplines
- Attends weekly team meetings, and project progress report meetings as required.
- Where required work collaboratively with 3rd party suppliers
- Take ownership of incidents escalated by the IT Service Desk and collaborate with both suppliers and other IT staff to resolve within agreed SLA's
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on SharePoint and related systems such as applying patches, configuration changes, system upgrades and the management of backups.
- Work with the Business Solutions Team to identify opportunities where SharePoint may form part of the solution to a business requirement, and act as technical lead to deliver such solutions
- Attend meetings with any part of the business either to promote the use of SharePoint or to gather requirements to form part of a solution - which may include foreign travel
- Identify opportunities where the architecture of SharePoint and related systems could be improved with regards performance, availability and support, and work with the wider Infrastructure team to implement
- Manage the content of any sections within SharePoint that promote the work of IT to the wider business, collaborating with the different IT teams where required
- Lead the design and maintenance of the company intranet, and promote its use to the wider business as a communication tool
- Take responsibility for the administration of Yammer, and other Office 365 components as deemed appropriate
- Work with the IT Infrastructure Manager, and where applicable the Information Security Manager to manage and maintain an appropriate permission structure for access to SharePoint content
- Review and maintain technical documentation relevant to SharePoint related systems, ensuring it is up to date, and procedures are easy for the IT Service Desk to follow
- Provide key business users with the training and documentation to allow them to be self sufficient when managing content within SharePoint
- Assist with any other technical activities related to SharePoint or associated systems as required
- Input into problem and root cause analysis reports as requested by Problem Manager
- Review incident statistic reports relating to SharePoint, and implement plans to reduce frequently occurring incidents
- Monitor the usage and capacity of SharePoint Systems, and highlight when additional capacity may be required
- Record and report on the usage of any software licences related to SharePoint
- An in-depth knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and later
- Experience of developing and configuring SharePoint Web parts
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Ability to relate business requirements to technical solutions
- Strong analytical skills to quickly and accurately respond to re-active problems ensuring that the most appropriate course of action is taken
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment, understanding how the end to end processes work across the organisation
- Solid understanding of IT Security principles
- Understanding of User Experience Design and W3C standards
- Experience administrating Windows Server and MS SQL Server as part of an on-premise Sharepoint implementation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Licencing
- Appreciation of software development lifecycle and testing methodologies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76053386