Property Acquisition Case Manager
To be based from Manchester or Leeds.
- To manage the company's legal and valuation suppliers to acquire land and rights that are needed to improve or maintain the Network.
- To pay compensation and other related costs.
- To maintain the company's property records.
Day to Day:
- Liaise with the company's legal and valuation suppliers to acquire land and rights that are needed to improve or maintain the Network.
- Accurately maintain the company's property records, financial and other administrative records, using the company's systems; to comply with statutory and internal procedures, and inform effective decision making.
- Manage work to meet objectives, ensuring that the relevant law, policies and procedures are followed.
- Liaise with colleagues and customers, building effective relationships to ensure that claimants and affected land owners receive a good customer service.
- Collate and analyse relevant information to inform effective decision making.
- Awareness of the work within the wider Property and Compensation team and awareness of the Major Projects which are being delivered.
- Good understanding of the processes and procedures that govern the area of work
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Ability to use MS Office software products to enable production/maintenance of a range of complex documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment, to deliver an efficient customer service, and support delivery through ability to manage a supply chain.
- Foundation qualification in the area of Property Management OR the willingness to work towards one
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Appetite to undertake appropriate training to develop professional/technical knowledge and achieve professional status.
- Ability to check performance against outcomes, make improvement suggestions or take corrective action when problems are identified.
- Able to recognise when deliverables and/or services derived from a commercial arrangement are not being delivered to the required level of quality or standard and take appropriate action.
- Ability to examine complex information and obtain further information to make accurate decisions.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75928163