Senior / Principal Power Engineer
EB4854: Senior / Principal Power Engineer
Location: Rugeley, South Staffordshire
Benefits: Various Company Benefits
An opportunity exists for a Senior/Principal Power Engineer to support the design, manufacture and supply novel power dense static converters and motors. The Senior/Principal Power Engineer will be responsible for delivering robust and cost effective power electronic solutions to a range of niche applications such as submarine power systems, high integrity power supplies, naval propulsion and specialist industrial drive systems. This Senior/Principal Power Engineer will become involved in all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept, through to verification and validation of production systems. As part of a team, you will develop power electronic solutions that successfully meet the overall objectives of the project.
Working with specialists from other engineering disciplines, the Senior / Principal Power Engineer will provide mechanical design expertise in support of business opportunities. This will include feasibility studies, technology developments, concept designs for new products and bids and proposals.
The Senior / Principal Power Engineer will also be required to provide guidance and support to other mechanical engineers within the engineering community and to contribute towards the development of engineering excellence within the business.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform a wide range of engineering work covering all stages of the project from bid to delivery
- To plan and conduct engineering tasks requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of designs or design techniques to meet the agreed requirements
- To be accountable for the technical performance of the product
- To work closely with senior team members to plan and co-ordinate the project
- To coordinate technical activities within the team
- To be the primary technical point of contact with the customer
- To contribute to project meetings and to deliver detailed technical and progress reports
- To keep up to date with the state of the art in the chosen area by attending seminars and studying the technical literature
- Support other activities in the business such as business improvement initiatives
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in electrical engineering or a related discipline
- Experience using design/simulation tools such as MATLAB and Simulink
- Skills and experience in the field of power electronics
- A proven track record of product design and test in a relevant environment
- Broad knowledge of other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, mechanical, motors, etc.)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews etc.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- Skills and experience in the ‘live’ testing of low voltage (i.e. <1000) electronic or electrical equipment
- Roles are subject to security clearance without restrictions.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75922347