Group Partnership Accounting Manager
We are seeking a Group Partnership Accounting Manager to join Freshfields at our new Global Centre (Europe) in Manchester.
The Group Partnership Accounting Manager will mentor, coach and inspire the team whilst planning/co-ordinating their work. This role will gain a high level understanding and involvement in direct reports' output, facilitate and ensure efficient and effective practices are adopted.
This role will have line management responsibility for 3 direct reports.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it matters most, wherever in the world that may be. We deliver seamless service across borders, cultures and languages, and the launch of the Freshfields Global Centre (Europe) is central to this vision.
Our aspiration is to extend the Centre outside Europe, enabling us to give our lawyers the worldwide 24/7 support they need to deliver excellent client service.
You will be joining us in the early stages of this initiative, and helping to shape this new and exciting way of delivering our global services. Whatever your area of expertise, this is a place where you can be yourself and really flourish.
ABOUT PARTNERSHIP ACCOUNTS
The Partnership Accounting team is responsible for all aspects of partnership accounting across the network, including, inter alia, the calculation of partners' profits shares; payment of monthly drawings and quarterly distributions; management of partnership capital & capital loans and quarterly tax reserving. The team also has responsibility for the administration & payment of the partners' annuity schemes. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Manage the team, setting appropriate goals, performing regular reviews and providing constructive feedback;
- Plan and communicate the team's timetable outlining key deliverables and ensuring work is of a high quality and delivered as timetabled;
- Manage all aspects of partnership accounting, including profit allocation & payment to partners in all jurisdictions, preparation of quarterly statements, all aspects of partnership capital (including capital loans) and tax reserving. Manage partners' joining & retiring processes;
- Manage all aspects of the retired partners' annuity scheme, including calculation and payment of annuities, preparation of quarterly statements, compliance with capping procedures and liaison with actuaries & management;
- Work closely with the firm's Management Team and the Head of Partner's Tax on specific areas of partners' remuneration and tax requirements;
- Provide information to management to facilitate decision making, delegating information requests to the appropriate team member;
- Support finance teams across the network on partnership accounting issues;
- Represent the team to the wider business;
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach, identify potential developments to the teams output, manage the enhancement process, engage stakeholders and ensure objectives are delivered;
- Manage the provision of data to the firm's external auditors and actuaries;
- Have an appreciation for the statutory reporting requirements of the UK LLP and a broad understanding of partners' tax requirements across each jurisdiction. Manage the provision of data to the financial accounting team for disclosure in the UK LLP's Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- ACA or equivalent;
- Confident when communicating with partners and staff all levels;
- Experience in staff management;
- Background in partnerships or similar;
- Ability to gain a good overview as well as being prepared to get involved in the detail;
- Numerate, methodical and proactive;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Friendly, outgoing, social personality;
- Must be a team player.
Our reward package is designed to offer you a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of employee benefits and the potential to receive an additional bonus each year, recognising the contribution you make to the firm.
You can choose from a variety of insurance policies, services and products to help you secure your financial future, protect your health and fitness, and make your life easier. You will receive 26 days' holiday each year, with the option to purchase additional days, plus free access to market-leading health and wellbeing websites and services.
As you would expect, we will support you through the major events in your life, so we offer competitive maternity, flexible working and leave policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75923942