Head of content automation
RS Components is a global FTSE 250 distributor for engineers. We operate in 32 countries around the world with over 60% of our business now being delivered online.
In recent years we have created a truly global digital company with 70% of our sales attributed outside of the UK. We have created a digital presence which has won over 20 awards over the last 18 months, generating over 8 million visits to our digital shop per month and driving £3m sales every day, placing RS as one of the leaders and fastest growing B2B companies globally.
This level of business results in us shipping a parcel to somewhere in the world every 2 seconds…however this is just the start! There's never been a more exciting time to join RS Components - be at the centre of our plan to accelerate our growth and truly dominate the digital world.
Our brand values reflect our personality and guide our behaviour. They characterise what it's like to do business with us.
Seamless: We make complex things satisfyingly simple
Personal: People come before process
Progressive: Always looking for a better way - we turn ideas into improvements
We are a large, multi-national Digital Content team based in Corby with some team members based at our new office in St Pancras Square, London, where we are neighbours of Google, Universal & Havas
We enrich content for a product range in excess of 1m skus and publish 50,000 new products a year! Our primary driver is anticipating and answering customers' product related questions in multiple languages in over 30 countries around the world.
We value data over opinion and use customer-activity metrics, supplier insight and competitor benchmarking to drive a competitive commercial advantage. We transform base product content into something that answers customers' questions, enhances their user experience and gives our customers the confidence to purchase.
We have huge ambitions and are on a journey to create something very special. We have a clear vision of where we want to get to - a powerhouse with a seductive customer experience and a best in class content team where talent can flourish and develop whilst having a great time doing it.
You will also receive outstanding benefits package, which includes pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life assurance, we have flexible working hours which supports work/life balance.
To get a feel for us as a team you can check us out here:
The primary purpose of the role is the strategic automation of repetitive, operational content processes that include the global New Product Introduction process (NPI), and the optimisation of product data quality.
You will work directly with key Suppliers to digitally transform our business and create new processes that enable on-going, large scale integration of product content data that accelerates the time taken to publish content to customers, from weeks to less than 24 hours.
You will create an Automation Centre of Excellence and ensure that all Content team processes become more efficient, productive and deliver a continually increasing ROI. Continuous Improvement will be achieved through the application of appropriate 'Digital Labour' solutions, such as Robot Process Automation, Bots and Machine Learning.
Your accountabilities will include:
Roadmap to Automation Transformation
- Developing and implementing an Automation and Systems roadmap
- Increasing the percentage of repetitive, operational content activity that is completed through automated methods
- Ensure the global automated NPI process operates efficiently and effectively
Optimise Data Quality & reporting
- Taxonomy, data normalisation and data management
- Integrating Manufacturer / Supplier data to optimise publication of NPI
- Improving Data accuracy by reducing human touchpoints
- Production & management of standard reporting
Leadership & Talent Management
- Lead a team of c.10 people
- Proactively nurture a culture of high performance
- Recruit, retain, coach and develop team to ensure a strong talent pipeline that contains future business leaders
Manage 3rd party suppliers
- Manage external partner who currently provide Business Process Outsourcing support to the Content team
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and performance management
Anticipate future industry trends
- Monitor, evaluate and utilise the latest Digital Labour developments
- Ensure team employs appropriate 'Digital Labour' solutions, such as Robot Process Automation, Bots and Machine Learning
- Sharing Automation best practise between Content and other Digital, Innovation and Divisional teams
- Proactively contribute to strategic initiatives (global & local)
- Proactively reporting the global and local impact of enrichment activities on content quality and commercial performance
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve performance
Your personality will demonstrate:
Customer Focus: you will be customer focused at all times, because our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Enthusiasm: you will be full of energy with a can-do attitude.
Proactivity: you will be eager to work autonomously, take initiative, embrace challenge, proactively seeking new opportunities and innovation.
Curiosity: you will be passionate about all things digital, you will have the passion to stay up-to date with the new technologies, trends & channel developments.
Drive for results: goal oriented, always want to deliver best in class, happily take new challenges and constantly seek new solution to reach business and personal objectives.
Playing well with others: we work together towards our global vision. You need to be a team player who can gain trust and find common ground to solve problems. You are keen to share your knowledge and experience with your peers and local teams.
You will have:
- Extensive Digital Labour and Automation experience with proven track record of automating repetitive operational processes or activities that span multiple software packages
- Experience of technical solutioning and consulting experience in Robotic Process Automation with at least one full implementation completed
- Expertise in Robotic Process Automation and other digital technologies (eg Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism etc)
- Evidence of strong team leadership skills
- High Technical IT Competence
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and across teams to ensure effective delivery of the strategy
- Able and comfortable to operate effectively at both strategic and operational levels
- Ability to use knowledge and experience of external best practice to shape automation strategy, direction and delivery
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- A Continuous Improvement mindset
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76002617