Investment & Programme Manager
A prestigious local housing group, both landlord and developer with a housing stock of over 30,000 is looking to appoint a Investment & Programme Manager who will be responsible for the contracts and property management team within Assets & Investment.
The job role will include:
- Providing leadership in the areas of investment & contractor management, develop and implement robust capital
investment programmes, successfully manage and monitor spend, working with the Strategic Asset Manager to understand future strategies and plans and ensuring appropriate planning and lead in time for the successful preparation and delivery of investment schemes.
- Responsibility for the contracts and property management team within Assets & Investment, which includes contracts procurement, property compliance, renewables, design & specification and CDM. To ensure the organisation is aware of opportunities and changes within the market place for the successful delivery of construction projects, to identify areas of development and opportunity, particularly in external funding streams and partnerships and to develop and manage an effective service and to interface with other services that operate within the organisation.
Essentail knowledge, skills & qualifications:
- Professional qualification to a minimum of HNC level in Building Surveying, Construction or Housing
-Degree in Building Surveying, Construction, Housing Management (Desirable)
- Professional membership of RICS C.I.O.B. or CIH
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Building or Housing environment at a senior level.
- Experience of investment & programme management and major refurbishment delivery.
- A thorough understanding of procurement associated with construction projects including contract selection, evaluation and appointment.
- Experience of reporting to a Board / Committee and representing a Housing Association at public meetings.
- A good understanding of financial management, having the ability to make sound financial decisions and deliver VFM.
- Knowledge and experience of setting, monitoring and reviewing performance standards.
- Experience of working in a multi discipline and cross-organisational groups.
- Ability to demonstrate personal qualities of leadership, drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to achieve and maintain effective work performance, including several concurrent projects, under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise own and team's work.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a high level of authority yet the ability to be a strong team player.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with Board Members, Colleagues, External Organisations and trade unions/professional associations.
- A fullUK driving licence.
If you meet the above criteria please apply via submissionm of your CV.
For more information or a confidential chat don't hesitate to call Calan in our Newcastle on 0191 221 1567.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75977039