Principal Fire Safety Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Fire Safety Engineer for this fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly expanding Fire Safety team you will be given the opportunity to work with both Public and Private Sector clients as well as assist in further developing the range of projects. This will be a rewarding and challenging opportunity and will offer further career development opportunities as the team continues to grow,
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with meticulous attention to detail; you'll be a positive, pro-active and self-motivated Fire Safety Engineer with a friendly and personable approach. You'll communicate effectively with people at all levels including internal colleagues and stakeholders and external clients and suppliers.
As the Principal Fire Safety Engineer, you'll deliver Fire Safety Engineering services as part of our Safety Management team within WYG’s Asset and Project Management Division. Our services include CDM / construction safety and workplace safety, we offer expertise to public and private sector clients both nationally and internnationally through the full project life cycle, including design, procurement and management.
Responsibilities will include
- Applying fire engineering in the design of buildings
- Attending on-site meetings, client meetings and design team meetings
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to win or deliver projects with a fire safety component
- Technical delivery of fire safety services
- Design and drawing appraisals, checking for fire design compliance with Approved Document B of the Building Regulations, BS9999, or fire engineering design
- Provide help, advice and assessment of individual issues including:
- Fire safety management; compartmentation, passive and active fire safety building systems; occupancy levels; places of special fire risk, fire escape doors and fire escape routes, fire fighting lifts; emergency lighting, fire alarms, fire hydrants, sprinklers and fire fighting equipment, specialist fire protection systems, arrangements for disabled people, fire appliance routes, construction fire safety audits and plans, end user Fire Safety Manuals.
You will be a qualified and experienced Fire Safety Engineer capable of working as part of a wider team, often multi-disciplinary, and able to manage your own projects and workload.
You will have extensive experience in delivering fire engineered solutions for projects within the commercial, residential, education and healthcare sector and experience in all aspects of fire engineering consultancy including the principles of fire dynamics.
It's essential you have knowledge of:
- Human behaviour
- Smoke control
- Means of escape
- Design codes
- Standards and guidance
Demonstrable experience in the use of fire and evacuation modelling software packages would be advantageous and you should have a full clean driver’s license and be prepared to undergo security clearance.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You’ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75926205