Engineering lead Communications
Eaton's Hazardous Area Communications is seeking an experienced Engineering lead to work within its communications product group.
Engineering lead - Communications
(Sutton in Ashfield near Nottingham, UK)
This is a varied and exciting role for the correct candidate who thrives on exceptional man management, service, engineering excellence and enjoys working in varied and fast paced international business. Responsible for helping to define future products, manage ongoing projects and maintaining existing product groups within Eaton HAC.
• To review, assimilate and align the current communications product roadmap to available resources.
• Define current and future technology trends for communications products and communicate to the Product Manager.
• Manage team and workload within a gated development process.
• Contribute to continual improvement across HAC project execution processes for communications products.
• Define, monitor and measure KPI indicators.
• Create a cross functional engineering execution team to cover all communication products.
• Ensure that the product support structure is in place for current and planned business growth.
• Drive a culture for excellence, best in class product development.
• Ensure profitable ongoing business with regular project margin / costs reviews.
• Management of project conflict through to satisfactory conclusion.
• Provide professional interfaces in the plant manufacturing, projects execution, site service and management as needed.
• Responsible for all communication projects globally from design concept to product handover.
• Deliver predefined R&D projects within project timeline & delivery schedule to minimum 80% on time – report out key metrics every month end
• Implement best practice, continuous improvement and change management using the Eaton EBS tools – work in conjunction with the HAC engineering Dir & functional champions
• Manage legislation & std’s requirements for IMCOS and Sonix to include new and sustain products - work in conjunction with the HAC certification lead and Sonix / IMCOS PLM
• Manage R&D spend to the allocated budget, validate monthly spend and assist forecast monthly phasing throughout the year – provide to local finance and HAC certification lead
• Assist in the annual collation of budgetary requirements for profit planning to include resource and external spend – R&D lead & GPLM.
• Work with the HAC & Eaton functional leads to implement existing embedded & enterprise software platforms to the communications ranges.
• PROLaunch champion for the Communications product line – working with the GPLM and Engineering Dir to ensure core development projects.
• Manage the engineering change and sign off technical data for IMCOS and Sonix.
• Clear understanding of electrical, electronic product & system design.
• Ability to work with own initiative within a matrix organization.
• Drive innovation initiatives within the engineering team and communicate within the wider engineering group.
• Degree qualified, with or working towards professional accreditation in electrical/electronic design, product development or with equivalent working experience.
• Knowledge of hardware, firmware, software interfaces within product design.
• Demonstrable experience in managing a multi disciplined engineering team.
• Proven experience in setting process and monitoring for improvement opportunities.
• Prior exposure to systems engineering business (oil, gas, process or marine exposure is preferred but not essential).
• Demonstrate the highest level of customer focus and setting the highest levels of expectation within the teams to meet and exceed corporate plans.
• Strong financial and process management awareness.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of project lifecycle and product development processes.
• A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organizational awareness.
• Strong PC literacy (MS word, Excel, Power point, MS Project).
• Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity whilst working within diverse environments
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76122114