An exciting opportunity for an experienced merchandiser to work within the home furnishing sector
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a household company which has close to 300 stores up and down the country.
The Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
Preparation of seasonal buying plans through thorough analysis of historical data and understanding of future trends and activities.
- Set and agreed KPIs with buyer, sales, margin, markdown, terminal stock and stock phasing.
Working with the Buyer to develop commercial, balanced ranges within this framework.
- Ensure final ranges selected meet targets outlined
- Plan and control the product intake phasing
- Maximise opportunities and minimise risks by monitoring performance verses plan and taking remedial action where necessary.
- Accurate forecasting of markdown and terminal stock forecasts. Minimising unplanned markdown.
- Maintain effective control of Open to buy, intake, allocation.
- Managing, training and developing Assistant Merchandisers and Allocators
- High standard of numerical and analytical ability
- Previous experience within Merchandising.
- Commercial awareness
Competitive salary with the opportunity for career progression
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76133534