Optical Transport Network Architect
Optical Transport Network Architect - Berkshire - 3-6 months - Start ASAP
- Working between the technical teams and SMT
- Pulling together the technology and translating it in to strategies for the not so technical SMT.
- Working with the Designers / Architects and making sure they are following the right direction.
- Taking all strategic decisions to SMT and ensure succinct justification is delivered (this will include cost, features etc.)
- Working on the following projects: Chariot - Refresh of RAN & Tx networks, Verde - Network refresh
- They will also interface with regulatory bodies - Ensuring all new architecture and strategies are in-line with regulatory requirements.
- Supporting RFP/RFQ assessments
- Vendors / Suppliers / Operators / Fixed line operators
- Vendors and Suppliers - They will have performed more of a Solution Management function - Selling Products in to Operators - Must still have a technical background
- Operator - They would have gone through the technical Design / Architecture functions up to a more business focused role
- Technical understanding within Mobile Transmission / some IP / RAN (particularly the evolution from 4G to 5G)
- Knowledge of industry trends / costs of services
- Excel Modelling / Business Case modelling
- Comfortable presenting Power point presentation to SMT / Execs
- Understanding of Network syncing - What's happened in the Telco evolution so far and what needs to happen for a network transformation.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76128367