Senior IT Audit Manager - great organisation
A highly successful organisation has an urgent requirement for a smart, hands-on IT Audit Manager who can come in and quickly take on an audit portfolio as soon as possible due to the promotion of the incumbent to Director level.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of IT Audit this is very much a leadership role and requires someone with strong direct line management experience who has the knowledge and experience to quickly gain credibility and maintain the good relationship internal audit has developed with stakeholders.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Conduct and oversee the effective execution of audits consistent with audit standards and ensure they are delivered within defined timescales and to the highest quality.
- Work in conjunction with their Director to undertake a continuous risk assessment and develop, maintain and deliver against annual plans that are aligned to business strategies.
- Manage assigned teams of multi-disciplined auditors, handling the delivery of several reviews at any one time.
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop assigned auditors in a professional internal audit environment.
- Establish and maintain professional and creditable relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including the senior executives, general managers and heads of business units across the delegated area.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to auditing and a sound knowledge of governance, risk management and control.
- Deliver high quality, high impact reports and presentations to the Senior Management team.
- Represent at assigned subsidiary Audit Committees.
- Be committed to continuing professional and personal development.
- Provide cover for their Senior Manager.
Candidates should ideally possess the following skills and knowledge:
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. CISA) and five years plus of experience operating in an audit role.
- Sound business knowledge of commercial insurance products, operational processes (e.g. underwriting and claims) and distribution channels.
- The ability to build an effective team and to collaborate with other areas across audit and the Group in order to achieve business success.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of auditors.
- A proven aptitude in introducing and operating best internal audit practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- An understanding of governance, risk management and control issues relevant to the assigned portfolio.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Highly motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and to ensure quality in every aspect of internal audit work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound experience of managing and executing Integrated and IT General Controls audits and Project Assurance.
The role is offering an annual salary of around the order of £75,000 plus benefits.
Please send an updated CV via the 'Apply' button or for more information call Christopher Booth on 020 3326 1785.