Senior Firmware Engineer
Senior Firmware Engineer
A Senior Firmware Engineer with experience of creating and developing firmware is required to work a permanent basis for our defence client based in Edinburgh.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading UK defence client on a permanent basis.
Overview of the Senior Firmware Engineer role
You will be responsible for the design and development of firmware designs using VHDL, for verification using either VHDL or SystemVerilog and working to a structured firmware design process.
Key skills required for the Senior Firmware Engineer
- Creating innovative VHDL based firmware designs.
- Verification techniques using either VHDL or SystemVerilog/UVM.
- Current FPGA technologies from either Xilinx, Intel (Altera) or Microsemi (Actel) and their tools.
- Analysis system level requirements and delivering detailed firmware requirements.
- Adopting a methodical approach to the full firmware design lifecycle, ideally working to a structured firmware process such as RTCA DO-254 or similar.
- Specifying complex timing and area constraints for efficient FPGA place and route.
- Debugging firmware designs and support system related verification and integration.
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics firmware development tools using HDL Designer, Modelsim/Questa and Precision are an advantage.
The role is based in Edinburgh - commutable from Dundee, Perth, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Glasgow
If you are a Senior Firmware Engineer looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other electronics opportunities please contact Ashley Hamriding on or call 0161 694 9202.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76123272