Acccounts Receivable Administrator
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
ABOUT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
Burberry is opening a brand new Shared Service Centre - Burberry Business Services, based in Leeds at their stunning new premises in the heart of the City Centre. This Centre of Excellence will be an extension of their Head Office in London and house core functions; HR, Finance, Procurement, Customer Services and I.T. helpdesk.
The OTC team will focus on providing services such as: Credit & Collections, Cash Office Accounting and Accounts Receivable administration. The Accounts Receivable Accounting Administrator will assist and support the Order to Cash department with Accounts Receivable administration activities, ensuring that these align with Burberry's global best practice.
- Preparation and execution of AR transactions
- Reconciliation of AR balances
- Preparation of AR reports
- Month end processes:
- Journal preparation and execution.
- Agreement of intercompany positions.
- Preparation of AR reports.
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts including sub-ledger accounts.
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information.
- Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required.
- Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Participation in migration of accounting processes to LBS and support migration of other functions (e.g. PTP, RTR, Procurement, Customer Services, HR).
- Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
- Continuous improvement focus to bring more operations into automated data flow when possible.
- Identify possible improvements to processes and procedures that facilitate accurate and timely financial information and reporting.
- Previous experience in Accounts Receivable Accounting.
- Knowledge of SAP experience (or any other purchasing order systems) preferred.
- Luxury fashion retail industry experience preferred.
- Ability to manage workload independently.
- Track record of working well under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree.
OPPORTUNITIES AT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
If you do not wish to apply for a specific role but would like to register your interest please click on the following link: https://rsbb.avature.net/talentcommunity.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76129826