Data Protection Officer GDPR
As the Data Protection Officer for VWFS you will be reporting to the Head of Legal & Compliance, You will be the primary source of data protection advice to all VWFS entities in the UK: informing and advising colleagues and other data controllers/processors; documenting and monitoring implementation of a data protection compliance programme including delivery of KPIs; providing training; investigating suspected data breaches and communicating with the Information Commissioners Office and Financial Ombudsman Service on data matters.
We pride ourselves on having a truly distinctive company culture. It’s not what a lot of people expect, because VWFS is an informal, collaborative, really diverse place to be. Of course, we’re professional and ambitious too – but that’s why going Beyond Expectations really means something to us. We not only go beyond expectations for our customers, but we go beyond expectations for our people too, in the development, opportunities, rewards and work-life balance we offer.
About the role
- You will ensure the compliance of all VWFS entities in the UK (VWFS) with the Data Protection Law ((“DPL”) including the Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulation, FCA rules and guidance and ICO guidance (such as Data Protection Principles, Processing and Sharing) in addition to other key related rules and regulation)) and compliance with VW Bank GmbH and VWFS AG associated guidelines including, as applicable to Legal Services, required reporting under existing policy and procedures through the implementation of appropriate policies and procedures and monitoring the implementation.
- You will be key in developing a risk based approach to responsibilities, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of data processing, ensuring prioritisation of the DPO activities and focus of efforts on issues that present higher data protection risks.
You’ll deliver support, guidance and make recommendations to other departments as needed on information rights law and compliance including:
- whether or not to carry out a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- what methodology to follow when carrying out a DPIA
- whether to carry out the DPIA in-house or whether to outsource it
- What safeguards (including technical and organisational measures) to apply to mitigate any risks to the rights and interests of customers
- Whether a DPIA has been correctly carried out and whether its conclusions (whether or not to go ahead with the processing and what safeguards to apply) are in compliance with DPL.
- Legal qualification with a demonstrable level of expertise in data protection commensurate with the sensitivity, complexity and amount of data processed by VWFS.
- Experience of providing advice on how regulation and/or laws operate in practice.
- Significant level of knowledge of national and European DPL and practices including its implications for the automotive industry (including automotive finance).
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act and its implications.
- In depth industry knowledge of FCA Handbooks and regulations and issues. In particular, knowledge of CONC, SYSC, SUP, APER, SM&CR, FIT, COND rulebooks.
Do you fancy having a soft top for the summer or 4x4 for the winter or how about having a Caravelle for that weekend away with the family camping? Then joining VWFS could be the answer; we change our cars every 4 months or 8,000 miles and the choice is yours. As part of our broader benefits packages, we offer some great benefits designed to make your life easy and look after your wellbeing and your family’s.
More benefits than you expected?
- Employee Car Ownership scheme (changed every 4 months)
- 2x Loan Car for your family member’s (changed every 6 months)
- Fuel Card
- Ducati Bikes discount
- Private medical insurance (with family cover available at reasonable rates)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Life assurance cover (4 x basic salary)
- Auto-Enrolled Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- On-site concierge services
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76073484