An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Stores team. Bridgeway Consulting provide a diverse range of specialist engineering services to the Rail Industry. The stores personnel are part of the Business Support Services team and are integral to the success and continued growth of the company.
The Stores Assistant will report to the Stores Manager and help perform a key function within the Business, which can also include some facilities duties. The store is the nucleus of our operation, providing all equipment required for site based staff to carry out their duties (on a job by job basis).
The role will involve, but is not limited to the following: -
• Booking equipment, Samples and Vehicles In / Out
• Loading / Unloading Vans
• Reporting equipment damage and defects
• Keeping the stores tidy and organised
• Ensuring that all equipment is maintained in terms of calibration and servicing
• Maintaining compliance of processes such as Goods In, Goods Out, Quarantine etc
Key Attributes required for the role are: -
• Organisational skills and the ability to think laterally
• Responsible with a pro-active approach to assigned tasks
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
• Physically fit and able to lift
• Computer Literate
• Flexible approach to tasks in an ever-changing environment
• Forklift Licence (desirable, although training could be given if required)
• Ability to work on own initiative.
The successful candidate must have a full driving licence and have the ability to work well in a demanding and fast paced environment.
Hours of work will alternate on a weekly basis between 06:00hrs to 14:30hrs or 14:00 to 22:30 Monday to Friday. Overtime may be available at weekends and a chance to start a career in the railway industry (full training will be given).
This position will be based at our Head Office at Riverside Way Nottingham
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76118207