NPI Project Manager
RMS on behalf of our client, a world leader in design, development and manufacturing within the Tier 1 Automotive industry, are looking for experienced Project Managers to join them in a permanent vacancy at their plant based in Cannock.
The Project Manager will manage the Project from Business award through to SOP + 90 days support New Product / Engineering Change Requests including identifying new and innovative productive solutions for new product lines.
It is essential you have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role within an automotive high volume environment. Knowledge of project financial requirements and constraints and be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and control those budgets within agreed target levels.
Previous experience working with OEM's such as JLR, Nissan, Toyota & BMW advantageous
Project Manager Key Requirements
Manage complex and long term projects to reach pre-determined objectives in quality, cost and delivery.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of high volume automotive manufacturing with specific attention to engineering processes.
Manage and motivate the individuals within the project team.
Able to work away from home on occasions - UK and Europe.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities to include
- Production and Process Development Accountable:- Managing product design (where applicable), process design & development (inc. feasibility) and introduction in line with QCD deliverables.
- Supporting the follow up of Pressing / assembly / special purpose / tooling equipment suppliers as required and ensuring adherence to agreed planning.
- Providing quotation support for pressing / assembly processes to include concepts, layouts and cycle times as required.
- Co-ordinating the preparation of DFMEA / PFMEA and process planning documentation via plant project, project quality and new tool engineering.
- Chairing DFMEA / PFMEA meeting with support functions
- Preparing and maintaining detail project timing plans across all projects under the scope of their responsibility.
- Reporting project status to program management in accordance with scheduled project and program reviews and reporting formats.
- Preparation of pressing / assembly and special purpose equipment SOR's to enable purchasing to obtaining quotations.
- Supporting the nomination and kick-off process for Pressing / assembly and special purpose equipment.
- Attending customer PMST meetings using prescribed action / timing log.
- Chairing weekly Plant based weekly review meeting.
- Support project to 90 days post SOP.
- Lead and co-ordinate internal process run @ rate and process buy off.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76125172