Accountant / Finance Controller / Finance Manager
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client provides the back office power to support growing entrepreneurial and international businesses.
As one of the most respected names in international affairs for more than twenty-five years, their creative and energetic teams provide services across the fields of People, Finance, Tax and Technology. Designed for businesses which are looking to expand locally or internationally, they offer highly-regarded turn-key solutions.
They don't offer one-size-fits-all solutions - their services are tailor-made to fit their clients' needs so that they can concentrate on running their businesses. A full global operation can be managed in one time zone just as easily as they can support an ambitious business taking its first tentative next steps.
They offer a fun, friendly and supportive environment and encourage individuals to demonstrate and develop their talents. They don't understand 'no' and 'can't' and don't expect you to either. The only thing that they expect when they come to work each day is that it will be different from the day before!
Their clients located across the UK, mainland Europe, North America and the Far East are witness to decades of proven support from our client!
The Accounts team takes pride in providing their UK and International clients a high quality, professional and efficient accounting service.
The role of the Accountant will require you to be able to work closely with both your clients and support the Accounts Team through every stage of the clients' development, including the set-up process for new businesses.
The principal requirement is to provide the level of support to our clients that they would expect from their own in-house teams.
Key Responsibilities (the list below is not exhaustive):
- Review and production of management accounts
- Set-up of accounting reporting packs for new clients
- Approving of supplier and employee payment runs
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts
- Preparing and filing VAT returns
- Compiling statutory accounts to current legislation using accounting software.
- Production and advice on monthly cash flows
- Liaising with their accounting support teams in India and Philippines
- Assist with quality assurance for third party supplier outputs
- Auditor liaison and audit support
- Responsibility for all accounting requirements for your own client portfolio
- Answering client queries and advising on specific accounting matters
- Consultancy projects including forecasting and planning.
- Awareness of costs incurred and fees for all clients
- Provide team assistance for the Manager when required during Manager absence.
- Familiar with UK reporting requirements and the business tax environment
- IT literate with strong Excel skills
- Experience of preparation of management & statutory accounts
- Experienced at reviewing management accounts analytically
- Experience of working in a multi-company, or multi-client environment
- Previous experience of working in a outsourced Accounts department
- Experience of Sage Line 50
- Confident, self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Highly developed interpersonal and client liaison skills - strong team player
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solver
Because of the changing nature of their business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Chartered Accountant, Senior Accountant, Management Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, Finance Manager, Finance Controller will also be considered for this role.