About the Job
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A DIGITAL AGENCY IN MANCHESTER!
Working hours: 9-5
Technical test required.
Our client is a digital agency serving a wide range of customers in the UK & Worldwide. They help organisations to think smart and make more of a difference digitally. They work across different sectors and with many types of organisation - car manufacturers, charities, housing businesses and government. Their core team is made up of highly-experienced designers, developers and account managers, each with their own specialisms. What they share is an ambition to make organisations that do good have a greater impact digitally.
About the Role
They manage and deliver a range of bespoke development projects for a diverse and expanding range of high profile clients that are focused on assessing the impact of their work and helping to improve its effectiveness. Successful candidates will work on a range of different projects including enhancing and maintaining their own in house applications as well as other commissioned developments and research projects for their various clients.
The successful candidates will work in close collaboration with other members of the development team as well as senior members of the research and consultancy team in order to develop fresh solutions to client needs.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure optimisation and functionality
- Plan and develop core functionality and new features to our flagship system.
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Give technical assistance to other junior developers
- Work with other team members to enhance and evolve existing and new products
- Design and document code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
- Identify scope, key requirements, specification, creative approach and development methodology for projects
- Developing front and back-end systems
- Researching and incorporating 3rd Party products, frameworks and services to enhance our own applications
We are a small, fast-paced business with ambitious growth plans. Everyone in the team works flexibly and has the opportunity to take on responsibilities outside of their role to support the business and the team
- Knowledge of object orientation and design patterns
- Ability to consider the impact of code updates to existing systems
- HTML/CSS/JS/AJAX - Knowledge of web standards and browser compatibility issues, tableless layout and design
- Databases - MySQL/MariaDB
- Frameworks/libraries - jQuery, Bootstrap
- Release processes such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Agile
- Apache and Linux
- Version Control Systems such as Subversion and Git
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- BSc Hons. Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent qualification / experience
- Flow Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams
- A strong interest and desire to stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development / technology
- Ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines
- A logical approach to problem solving
- At least 2 year's experience in developing web applications
Familiarity with PHP Frameworks i.e. (Zend, Laravel, CodeIgniter)
- Programming Languages -Java, LINUX/UNIX BASH and PERL
- Understanding of backend linux systems admin
- Databases -MongoDB, Postgres, SQLite
- Web Server Platforms - Node.js, Tomcat
- Website CMS Frameworks - WordPress, Drupal
- Web Services - REST/SOAP
- Knowledge of SSO / OAuth
- Micro-services fundamentals
- Database design, development, and optimization
- Mobile App development, Android, iOS, PhoneGap
- Familiarity with AWS and Cloud Servers
- Experience with Cloud Computing
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75968243