KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
Our three main markets are:
- Enterprises: organisations with complex needs look to us to help them transform their operations and experience to become more customer-centric, agile and efficient
- Businesses: we help businesses embrace the power of technology to become more successful
- Consumers: households across Hull and East Yorkshire can choose from our range of voice, broadband and TV services to suit their needs
As a Software Engineer with proven experience of application development, your role is within the Business Support Systems IT Domain developing in an Agile environment, creating and supporting code used across all applications.
What will I be doing?
Your role as Software Engineer will initially have a focus on working with colleagues supporting our Hull and East Yorkshire area of the business, looking at such applications as customer experience. You will play a key role in the development and support of these applications, having significant input into design and creation. Working in a small team, you will have the opportunity to input and influence projects, as well as collaborate with colleagues from the wider KCOM IT team and business, from the initial stage of business engagement right through to delivery. It's an exciting time to be in this role, with many varied and interested projects coming up in the near future.
Working with the latest technology, your role will include such tasks as:
* Build software
* Unit test
* Document code
* Configure software
* Implement software
* Resolve incidents
* Resolve Service Requests
* Undertake root cause analysis
* Write design documents for software enhancements
What do I need to do this job?
* Excellent communication skills
* Must be proactive and dependency-aware and able to show commitments and deadlines are self-managed.
* Enterprise level database knowledge (SQL, Ingres)
? Service Orientated Architecture (WCF, NServiceBus, ServiceStack)
? UX Design,
? GIT/TFS Knowledge
* ORM experience
* Unix experience
* Awareness of Agile delivery techniques
What we can offer you?
This is a growing, changing company in which you will have the continued opportunity to work on new initiatives. The role offers a lot of variety and opportunity for skills development and career progression.
What are my hours of work?
You'll be working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
You'll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76081798