IT Network Administrator
IT Network Administrator - Welwyn Garden City
Purpose of Role
To implement, maintain, support and develop existing network Infrastructure, in addition where required, design communication networks within CMS at Xerox or between CMS at Xerox and its customers and suppliers.
Scope of Role
- Support network Infrastructure at multiple locations
- Implement new network infrastructure as per business requirements and new contracts
- Extended network of production workers connected remotely across the globe.
- Exert cost controls within the local IS Budget.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
Background, Experience & Qualifications
- Will have post graduate experience in a IT network support role, having been involved in at least one major system deployment.
- Degree level in a Computer related science. Additional management and financial qualifications are advantageous.
- Experienced knowledge of firewall, routers and switches.
- Experience in using POSIX system interface
- Experience with network patching and cabling
- Experienced understanding of TCP/IP
- Experienced of LAN and WAN
- Experienced understanding of VPN, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, SMB, Ping, Traceroute, Syslog, NTP.
- Familiar with TCPDump or WireShark for diagnosing issues.
- Understanding of VLAN concept
- Understanding of HSRP, BGP, OSPF.
- Understanding data encryption, data integrity, data security
- Understanding of Intrusion detection and intrusion prevention
- Excellent negotiation skills to liaise with suppliers.
- Communicating, knowledge sharing and working effectively within a well-motivated functional team.
- Documentation skills to ensure Systems Operating Procedures are maintained.
- Ability to work flexibly, in 'out of hours' operation mode to ensure updates and patches can be applied to servers and network components without any interruption to production.
- A 'customer first' attitude to deal with customers at all times in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to work is a process environment, delivering to schedules ever mindful of the customer.
- The nature of this position requires staff to occasionally work outside normal hours. Flexibility in the working day is essential in order to achieve the SLA.
- Language skills are an added bonus for a globally based business.
- Driving license essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76010420