Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering, 3D CAD, CATIA, Defence, Permanent, Stevenage
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of my clients Tooling and Packaging Design Teams, developing design solutions for supporting manufacturing and delivery. The position will be based in Stevenage on a permanent basis.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally a recognised higher level qualification in Mechanical Design, plus relevant engineering experience in Mechanical design and development using appropriate engineering tools and techniques.
- High level of capability in the use of industry standard 3D CAD packages such as PTC Creo, CATIA, PRO Engineer etc
- Experience of operating in an environment employing development techniques such as FMEA, DFA, DFM etc
- Experience of developing manufacturing tooling, mechanical handling equipment or transport packaging.
- Ability to understand the customer needs to develop a design solution.
- Capability to operate in an environment of rapidly changing requirements.
- Ability to define, re-engineer and review processes.
- Good commercial and financial understanding.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Highly developed communication skills: able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good cultural awareness.
- Experience in engineering leadership/management
I am currently recruiting for a number of Mechanical Design positions within the Stevenage area, if this is something that could be of interest please send a copy of your up to date CV to Rebecca Perks at Outsource UK.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76116951