An exciting Digitalised firm are looking for multiple software engineers to work with handset manufacturers with Embedded Application and Wireless protocol Software. It is a very challenging position requiring the candidate to understand mobile station software, Embedded Software, Real Time OS, 3G/4G wireless protocols, related specifications, their implementations, Wireless Mobile Test Equipment, test procedures, and industry standard test tools. The role requires interfacing with handset software developers to do due diligence, debug failures, suggest fixes, improve the software, enhance test procedures, develop scripts to automate debugging and document various procedures, and debug techniques. It is highly technical job requiring significant hands-on work.
- C/C++ programming on embedded real-time operating systems
- Knowledge on CDMA/UMTS/LTE protocols
- Software debugging skills on embedded real time operating systems
- Demonstrated expertise with tools and techniques used in embedded real time operation systems (JTAG etc)
- General knowledge of HLOS (Android, Window) is a big plus
- The candidate is expected to have strong communication and interpersonal skills, high motivation, the ability to learn quickly, and must be a self-starter
- Background working on modem protocol development area is strongly desired.
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Embedded systems, RTOS, C, C++, UMTS, LTE, IMS
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76003599