Network DDI Specialist - Infoblox
Network DDI Specialist - Infoblox
- The Senior Data Network Specialist will provide technical leadership to a team of junior and senior peers in Network Engineering, Delivery, and Operations. You will be responsible for the overall performance and availability of the organisations DDI environment.
- Responsible for managing enterprise project requirements, design and budgetary estimates.
- Supervise change control process as it pertains to Network Services.
- Evaluate and formulate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices.
- Responsible for developing and communicating network policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the activities of the Network staff with the activities of other departments to resolve DNS operations issues and develop solutions consistent with organizational objective
- Lead, define and direct the troubleshooting and communication processes to meet Service Level Agreements for monitoring, escalation and reporting.
- Monitors and provides 24-hour daily production support to assigned system(s) to identify production problems and resolves systems problems
The key responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Responsible for the support of all Infoblox DDI infrastructure, including installation, configuration and deployment.
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot virtual appliances on multiple hosting platforms.
- Provide second / third level incident support and problem management. Investigate, resolve and eliminate root cause for complex DDI problems.
- Work with 3rd party vendors for infrastructure support and future planning.
- Make updates to DNS records at multiple vendor portals.
- Take ownership of service improvement projects (both technical and procedural).
- Flexibility to work on a schedule that enables global collaboration.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and good judgment.
- Act as member of the team looking for and reacting to service technical issues.
- Proactively communicate to all stakeholders any technical issues, operational implications and decisions so that clarity, understanding and sponsorship is maintained.
- Proactively understand the company's IT infrastructure and architecture.
- Required to work both at a technical level, with the networks, systems and applications, and at a business level, with key stakeholders, owners and processors of information
- Focus on results. Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Collaborate effectively across boundaries within IT and the business
- Operate in a highly matrixed environment
- Establish strong working relationships and practices with clear accountability for delivery
- Work effectively within and with teams (often virtual teams)
The role will be influenced dependent on the candidate's background and development needs. Specific knowledge and skills include:
- Practical experience with enterprise DDI device management.
- Strong understanding of DDI and network protocols.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and dynamic DNS.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to ensure compliance of regional network infrastructure to global standards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Professional, moral attitude that builds strong working relationships with team members and customers.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Quick learner, self-starter, highly curious, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Ability to mentor junior team members, share knowledge, and adapt quickly. (Sr. Role)
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75964991