Job Title: Software Developer
We are looking for a talented and driven individual to join our client's Platform Development Team based in Bournemouth.
This role will require you to design, develop and maintain the company LMS to the highest quality in terms of design, creative approach and user experience, whilst working within an agile team using up-to-date modern industry standard architecture and technologies that are scalable, easily maintained and upgraded and delivered.
- Enhance and expand the core features of the company LMS
- Work within the agreed development working practices of the team
- Respond to and manage support issues raised to second line and participate in investigation and issue resolution
- Continuously improve the underlying software
- Contribute appropriately to issue resolution given balance between service level agreements and project requirements
- Support near continuous deployment builds
- Contribute to the production of releases for:
Feature releasesInterim bug-fix releasesRoll out of release
- Review and support customer data feed setup and imports and single sign on when required
- Innovate and contribute to ongoing technical and process improvement
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement (retrospectives)
- Be committed to supporting the rest of the team in achieving team commitments
- Contribute to the Scrumban methodology by being an active team member being responsible for the delivery of user stories in a multi-disciplinary and agile manner
- Assist with ensuring code quality and high team skill-base by participating in pair-programming and similar forms of team support
- Documentation of working processes and platform architecture
- Ensure time is logged to improve Management Information and project profitability tracking and help with planning
Skills and Competencies:
- C# (7+) and .NET Framework (4.6+)
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft WebAPI
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling
- Test Driven Development, NUnit, Integration Testing and Mocking
- Dependency Injection
- Software Design patterns
- Git version control
- Experience developing scalable web-based systems
- Understanding agile software development principles and practices
- Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team.
- Learning Management Systems
- TeamCity and MSBuild
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://freshrecruits.co.uk/equal-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75963780