About the role:
Wolseley UK has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Accountant to be part of run a very dynamic and fast paced team which is based in its Ripon offices in North Yorkshire. You will be responsible for ensuring the accurate recording of Wolseley UK gross margin including revenue, purchasing costs, supplier and customer rebates (including European rebates), stock adjustments, marketing costs and support and other items included in gross margin reporting. You will also be ensuring that that all balance sheet accounts related to gross margin are fully reconciled and accurately stated.
You will be responsible for:
- Review of month end and mid-month tradac reports leading the investigation and resolution of issues
- Management accounting monthly for European rebates through the Wolseley Europe Ltd entity.
- Manage the reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis including GRNI, IRAG, sales rebates, contract claims, SRN's, sales ledger control account and cash sale discrepancies
- Additional full reconciliation on a half yearly basis of all balance sheet accounts for which responsible
- Accurate accounting for marketing costs and income
- Provide management and leadership to a team of three Accounts Assistants
- Review of work undertaken by direct reports
- Answer queries on financial data from business stakeholders.
- Assist in resolving issues with systems and interfaces with IT and business stakeholders
- Business partnering with the business.
You will have:
- Qualified accountant (or nearing qualification) CIMA or ACCA.
- Previous accounting experience ideally with experience / knowledge in gross margins.
- Good attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues.
- To be financially and commercially focused.
Wolseley is a FTSE100 Company and the world's largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. In 2016 Wolseley UK announced a major programme to transform the way it serves its customers following a wide-ranging review of its plumbing and heating operations resulting in a £100m investment in the business.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package. We actively promote further learning, development and career opportunities. We offer a 40 hour working week, Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm, 23 days Holiday + Bank holiday, free parking on site and a fantastic pension scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76098601