IT Infrastructure Specialist
Are you an experienced IT Infrastructure Specialist, looking to take on a new challenge? If so, our client are now recruiting and looking for individuals just like you!
Our client are a global leader in the Golf industry and they are looking for people with a passion for Golf to join the team. Due to continuing business success, our client now have a fantastic opportunity available for a IT Infrastructure Specialist to join the team in Basingstoke.
IT Infrastructure Specialist responsibilities:
As the IT Infrastructure Specialist, you will work with the local service desk team, global infrastructure team, vendors as well as key IT stakeholders to provide technical infrastructure expertise on day to day operations, support and project implementations. The role will also include leading the service desk team in providing the best possible service to the organization. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Supervision of service desk activities and staff and responsibility of service desk performance against target
- Prioritising all the support workload to meet company service levels
- Reporting on overall service desk performance (KPIs) to Head of IT
- Ensure ownership of incidents and tasks is taken and seen through to completion
- Proactively monitor and manage, either internally or making use of external partners as necessary, all issues with windows servers, LAN, WAN, & Wi-Fi networks.
- Perform HW & SW upgrades to servers & network as required.
- Manage relationship with Service Desk supplier
- Monitor performance through regular reviews with vendor’s managers
- Report performance concerns to vendor and Head of IT and manage to improvement
- Proactively monitor services to minimise the impact of failure on the business
- Plan and execute all internal IT moves efficiently
- Vmware configuration, management and monitoring.
- Crashplan client backup administration
- Monthly server patching / SW releases
- Manage and resolve HW issues relating to servers, switches & network equipment.
- Resolve network issues making use of all available vendors where necessary.
- Review, update and test ITSCM / DR plans
- Manage infrastructure projects as agreed with Head of IT and deliver on time
The ideal IT Infrastructure Specialist:
As the Ideal IT Infrastructure Specialist, you will have proven experience in supervising and leading IT support staff and a track record of successfully providing IT support. Experience of providing phone based support essential. You will also have the following skills:
- Microsoft server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 with hands on troubleshooting experience
- Windows 7 / 10, iOS, Mac OS and Office 365
- Virtualisation / VMWare / VCentre / VNXe
- Cloud and Virtual Computing expertise
- Telephony / PBX / SIP / VoIP
- Advanced networking knowledge – Routers / Switches / SANs / Riverbed / VLAN / LAN / WAN
- Ability to create, edit and manage Active Directory users
- Excellent office infrastructure knowledge - PC based hardware, peripherals, mobile phones, wifi, print management, audio visuals
- Knowledge of supporting bespoke business applications
- Writing and implementing user training and technical documentations
- Excellent knowledge of Windows based operating systems and good networking knowledge
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and excellent project management skills
If you are looking for your next challenge as the IT Infrastructure Specialist then our client want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76100795