Client Portfolio Manager
Growing Oxfordshire accountancy firm require experienced Client Portfolio Manager to provide accountancy and tax services to an existing portfolio of clients.
My client is a very successful regional accountancy practice based in Banbury. They have experienced double digit growth in each of the last 5 years. They require an experienced Client Portfolio Manager to manage a small team in providing accountancy and tax services to an existing client portfolio.
The Business and Tax Services team focuses on Owner Managed Businesses and smaller, start-up clients. You will manage a team of accountants and trainees and will take responsibility for overseeing a sizeable portfolio of their key clients. You will provide a high quality, cost effective and timely accountancy and tax focused service to these clients and ensure high levels of customer service are provided at all times.
Developing an understanding of your clients and their businesses, you'll become their main point of contact for any day-to-day accounting queries. You'll oversee the preparation of tax returns and accounts as well as managing the team's progression and development. You will also need to develop new business opportunities from both within the existing client based and from outside the firm.
- Provide cost-effective, timely and high-quality accountancy and tax services to the clients
- Manage a sizeable portfolio of key clients. These will typically be Owner Managed Businesses(OMBs) and start-ups up to £4million in turnover
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC)
- Develop knowledge of clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
- Manage a team of 5 staff comprising Accountants and Trainees
- Review accounts and tax work performed by more junior staff
- Supervise, mentor, motivate and develop staff including at staff appraisals
- Checking of journal adjustments and (occasionally) final accounts and D1 computations
- Preparation of tax returns
- Identify business and personal tax planning opportunities as part of the review process
- Preparation of reports and computations plus liaising with other professional advisers as required
- Assisting partners with specific assignments e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met - e.g. company reporting, P11d's, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- CTA or equivalent tax qualification beneficial but by no means essential
- Ability to review an complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Ability to review an complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- In depth accounts preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of accounts systems especially Sage.
What's on offer:
- Competitive basic salary up to £50,000
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible benefits.
Interested? Apply today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16282