Senior Finance Manager
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager to join our Leamington Spa Head Office. You will be responsible for managing and developing a highly effective team in providing market leading insights to commercial stakeholders. This role will provide crucial information to key decision-makers and will be responsible for identifying a range of solutions that will ultimately improve sales, margins and the overall financial performance within the commercial teams. Also, a key priority will be to focus the team upon driving simplicity and streamlining processes for internal customers.
- Lead and develop the team to provide actionable insights related to all off-system margin performance. Drive team engagement to ensure all direct reports are motivated and are working with their stakeholders in a collaborative and cohesive manner. Responsible for aligning own team's work and objectives with the wider organisational objectives and strategic plans
- Provide actionable, market-leading insights that demonstrate the impact upon revenue and profitability for Customer, Category and Supplier. Assist the key stakeholders and decision-makers within WUK to understand what is being sold, where it is being sold and to whom
- Provide solutions that will enable the Commercial teams to improve performance. Work with the Commercial teams, Sourcing teams and Category Managers to improve overall Category performance
- Ensure self and others provide constructive challenges to the Commercial team whilst seeking to improve commercial relationships with suppliers. Take ownership and accountability for the solution-generation process
- Develop financial modelling scenarios for major supplier negotiations. Assist the business in maximising returns on such negotiations and deals
- Drive the team to deliver highly effective off system margin forecasting and provide insights into working capital as required.
- Deliver a highly effective service to key internal customers and stakeholders including Chief Customer Officer, Strategy Director, FLT and Commercial Finance Team.
- Accountable for driving performance and productivity within own business area through the effective deployment of resources. Ensure the systematic prioritisation of tasks and people to deliver on stakeholder demands and business KPIs
- Drive simplicity across the team and through the business - focus self and others upon keeping things simple. This will involve the delivery of process simplification initiatives within own business area, as well as taking a proactive approach towards building for the future and taking ownership for delivering change
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement across the business unit, both in terms of personal development and process/system improvement. Ensure personal development plans are in place for all individuals in the team, as well as building succession plans for all roles
You will have:
- Fully qualified in either ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of managing teams, ideally at second-line manager level (i.e. experience of managing other finance managers)
- Exposure to situations that require influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of working as a service provider for internal stakeholders. Willing to take a customer-centric approach and to focus upon collaborative cross-functional working
- Experience of delivering process improvements initiatives within a complex finance function
- Credible communicator, both in oral and written form, as well as an effective presenter to large and senior audiences. Able to provide information in clear yet commercial terms
- Able to demonstrate resilience when faced with increased work pressure and when facing resistance from stakeholders and internal customers
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills - solution-focused approach and a high degree of commercial acumen
- Willing and able to focus self and others upon working with real-time-information. Able to work at pace and prepared to update the status quo to ensure the business is presented with quality data
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76097587