Data Quality Manager
Accountable for the improvement of critical data items that enable improved customer and commercial outcomes through the development and maintenance of a framework to discover and productionise data quality measures, perform complex business and technical data analysis to enable the development and implementation of data fixes and data root cause resolutions (process, behaviours, systems). ? Responsible for providing the insight that enables the prioritisation via the governed data delivery process of data improvement actions. Responsible for leading data improvement plans for priority data issues with virtual teams that including IS, Customer Journeys and Data Stewards.
- Create and manage effective processes to discover/profile data quality performance for critical customer and business activities that enables analysis to direct improvement actions;
- Productionise data quality metrics into automated jobs to enable the data steward community to monitor and manage the data quality of critical data items;
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis on Data issues prioritised by the Data Delivery improvement process;
- Create a framework to operate automated data jobs/files for data fixing, re-alignment, validation and mastership;
- Manage the delivery of data improvements with a range of virtual teams (IS, Customer Journeys, Data Stewards);
- Deliver data improvements and legislative compliance to enable the data asset capabilities to be exploited and aligned to the UK Home Strategy
- Responsible for a skilled team required to manage and improve Business Critical data as defined by the Data Strategy team’s capability requirements
- A Data Management expert with a high level understanding of key business processes.
- Proven significant team management experience
- Knowledge of enabling customer contact technologies.
- Delivered innovative and substantive changes in business.
- Proven change management skills.
- Proven project and programme management skills.
- Experience of relational and non-relational databases;
- Experience of ETL tools and techniques;
- Knowledge of typical Customer Insight platform uses and activities including data quality, decisioning, analytics, modelling etc.
- Experience of operating and managing teams in Big Data Platforms and using multiple languages (e.g. SQL, Spark, Git, Python, HDFS, Hadoop, Hive, Map Reduce, Pig, Sqoop, etc...) to deliver innovative solutions to enable Customer Insight activities;
- Wider data management experience (including business intelligence, data analysis, data science, big data, data migration, data quality, data governance);
Salary - Competitive + Benefits
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76082717