QSHE Apprentice / Technician
To support the Commercial Business Unit Head of QSHE and the Regional QSHE Advisers to deliver one QSHE Strategy for the Commercial business in order to deliver to objectives and targets set by Interserve Support Services.
Business streams listed below:
- M&E Maintenance
- IT Hygiene
- Work at Height
- National Retail
- Window Cleaning
- Providing support to the Head of QSHE and the Regional QSHE Advisers as required
- To understand the needs and demands of their businesses, and provide professional support and advice to the operational management on QSHE matters.
- Identify and foster sound working relationships with key client personnel, understand their requirements and share the knowledge across all businesses as appropriate.
- Support in the investigation and escalation of all incidents, and client issues.
- Maintain personal skills and competences, keeping up to date with legal requirements and best practice.
- Undertake programmed visits, including audits and inspections of operational sites as per QSHE support plans
- Assist in the analysis of QSHE performance and input to quality improvement initiatives
- Providing support and advice on the maintenance/use of the QSHE web based QSHE systems
- Supporting the delivery of the Commercial Services QSHE strategy within their Region
- Demonstrate, through effective delivery, high standards in the implementation of QSHE policies, processes and practices
- Deliver the documented QSHE for their Region
- Provide support with external 3rd party audits
- Advise the Business Unit Head of QSHE on any non-compliance and/or risk to the business resulting from audit findings
- Support in the production of the QSHE monthly and quarterly management reports
- Provide professional and accurate advice to the contracts as appropriate
- Ensure all RIDDOR reportable accidents are fully investigated and reported to the Business Unit Head of QSHE in accordance with the Support Services procedure (Including up loading documentation etc, on ITUS)
- Ensure all enforcement authority visits are reported to the Business Unit Head of QSHE immediately upon notification and via ITUS
- Liaise / interface with other external bodies to ensure the company is not subject to any enforcement action
- Ensure business continuity plans are in place for their Businesses and each principal client/location where applicable
- Lead by example and with integrity
- Able to demonstrate continuing professional development
- Able to show further development in their management skills through formal qualifications, training or experience
- Organisation and scheduling
- Flexibility – adapt to changing demands and conditions
- Good clear presentation skills
- Ability to deliver training to other employees in a clear competent way and to a high standard
- A high level of planning and organisational skills – organising and scheduling events, activities and resources, monitor timescales and plans.
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in written formats
- Participate constructively in team meetings and decision meeting.
- Able to get on with others and be a team player.
- Excellent influencing skills particularly with operational management
- Support at client meetings and tender presentations as and when required
- To ensure that all the QSHE, resources, measures, processes and systems support, drive and deliver the needs of the business unit and reflect the standards and the Vision and Values of the Company.
What we are looking for
- Tech Grad membership of a IOSH or working towards achieving this
- NEBOSHH General Certificate or IOSH Working Safely as a minimum
- Internal/Lead Auditor
- Ideally 1 years’ experience in working in a QSHE environment
- Must be able to obtain SIA non front line license through the security business
- Has supported in the development and implementation of systems to meet the requirements of ISO standards for Quality, Safety and Environment
- Experience of providing support similar to Interserve in Facilities Management, M&E Maintenance, Commercial Retail areas of business
- Self motivated, positive, reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Keen to develop personal competency, responsibility and accountability
- Speak clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups
- Writes in a clear and concise manner using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literate with competence in the standard MS Office Applications
- A provider of solutions rather than a barrier to operations
- Good understanding of the commercial impact in decision making in relation to the profitability of the business when resolving issues
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76105073