Product Specialist - Agilent Consumables
Agilent is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the insights they seek - so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com
Location: Central UK & North of UK (Manchester/Birmingham area)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, people-oriented Consumables Product Specialist to cover the central and north of UK.
In this role will drive the consumables business and ensure product penetration into the UK Life Science and Chemical Analysis markets by creating technically a differentiated product preference. You will use your dynamic interpersonal skills to interface with Customers, Agilent Consumable and Instrument Sales Teams, Distributor Partners and the European Marketing group.
Your primary focus will be the end-user customers in Pharma (small molecule), Bio-Pharma (large molecule), Academic and Food markets. You master typically Chromatography like HPLC, LC-MS and related sample preparation techniques.
- Accountability for funnel creation and follow-up jointly with Account Managers and Channel Partner Managers.
- Driving and developing the chromatography consumables portfolio in the UK involving and supporting all sales channels from identifying leads to closing order.
- Support deployment of EMEA marketing plan by delivering presentations and conference support and provide inputs for local UK initiatives
- Quota responsibility shared at country level. Specific assignment on the product lines for HPLC and Sample Preparation.
- Create technical differentiated product advantage. Market intelligence. Sales force training & development
- Consumables 'coordinator' at country level. Country trend by market. Local competition awareness, Reporting narratives.
- Bachelor, master or PhD in Analytical chemistry, bio-pharma, chemical engineering or similar
- Strong Hands-on expertise with LC columns and Sample Preparation Products
- Experience in life sciences and applied markets
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Commercial experience is a preference
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time to customer sites
- Training and development opportunities
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Total Compensation Package with a broad range of benefits
- A company with values around innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability.
- An international and diverse culture
Please send your written CV and application via our online recruitment system
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76096906