Revenue Office Manager
The Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel offers perfect placement in the city centre of Manchester. Our hotel offers unparalleled access to Manchester's top sights and sounds, as well as spacious, thoughtfully appointed guest rooms and an impressive array of four-star amenities. Our V&A Restaurant offers signature cocktails, and casual dining, and our V&A lounge bar offers the best in afternoon tea and a good pint.
The role of Revenue Office Manager is to maximise revenue, market share and profits for your hotel through strategic development, deployment and coordination of revenue driving activities and revenue management tactics, processes and procedures. As Revenue Office Manager you will be responsible for driving revenue streams within accommodation, meetings & events, groups and supporting and developing a small team. The Revenue Office Manager supports and works alongside the Director of Sales and Director of Revenue to bring about a cohesive and structured reactive sales service, providing leads and participating in the conversion of business through MICE agents. Makes direct contact with event organizers during key events to ensure smooth delivery and execution of requirements. The Revenue Office Manager will ensure alignment of brand policy, sales and distribution strategy and central marketing initiatives, reporting to the Director of Revenue.
Essential requirements of the Revenue Office Manager:
- To manage the reservations activities to produce the required levels of room nights at required rates to achieve the anticipated revenue projections
- To grow the business at the hotel through proactive selling, rate & occupancy management and the effective conversion of all bedroom enquiries
- To create, review and train both the reservation and re-active sales teams to ensure enquiries are handled in the most effective manner
- To manage the Reservations and OTA’s, to ensure the correct rate management practices are in place and to minimise denial business
- Delivery of accurate rooms KPI forecasting (ideally within 3%)
- Participation in annual budget process
- Strong analytical skills and experience in reporting actual performance vs. plan & forecast, identifying trends that will impact future performance
- Knowledge of Opera PMS. Opera S&C, Marsha, One Yield and HPP systems are desired
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
- Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Oversees his/her customer experiences from enquiry through the post event phase to the supply of fresh leads back to sales.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
- Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Overseas the management of group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
- Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
- Follows up with customer post-event.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for their teams business.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures as required.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Reviews comment cards and ESS guest satisfaction results with associates.
- Reviews billing and payments with clients.
This role is a key management position within the Hotel therefore you must be able to influence the business, take calculated risks and stand by your decisions. The ideal Revenue Office Manager will currently hold a similar role and have a Reservations and/or Conference & Events background.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a worldwide brand. If you think you have the necessary skills and desire to succeed as a Revenue Office Manager with us then please apply below.
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/76104377