Paralegal Casualty (fixed term 12 months)
Please note: In order to be considered for this role, you must visit and apply via Weightmans' website
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.The Department
Our Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. Weightmans' team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. We operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.The role
To manage a caseload, and assist other case handlers with their caseloads, of fast and multi-track pre-litigated and litigated EL/PL cases for a wide range of commercial and insurer clients.
THIS IS A FIXED TERM ROLE FOR 12 MONTHS
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of fast track pre-lit and litigated EL/PL cases
- Assist others with their fast and multi track caseloads including witness evidence, instructions to Counsel, experts etc
- Review case upon allocation and report to client/prepare strategy report as appropriate
- Handle cases to conclusion
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.The person specification
- Genuine and demonstrable interest in commercial insurance work, preferably with some previous experience
- Defendant PI experience
- Must have experience of working on litigated EL/PL claims
- Litigation experience would be preferred
- Knowledge of Lexcel procedure
- Knowledge of CPR procedures with proven technical ability
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
Please note: In order to be considered for this role, you must visit and apply via Weightmans' website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76061217