Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
- To work within the Record to Report team, to maintain the day to day accounting process including a focus on the accounting control and audit of specified business units within the UK MU.
- To produce month end result, balance sheet reporting, forecasting and AOP.
- To implement and maintain controls, reconciliation's, and establish a consistent reporting stream to the UK MU, BU's, and Corporate Centre.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Production of accurate monthly financial and management accounts for specified business units in line with UK MU and Corporate Centre deadlines.
- To become familiar working with the Accounting experts within the Record to Report Team on policy, rules and accounting standards that govern the preparation of accurate financial accounts.
- Ownership of the upload to COGNOS (Actual & forecast), checking completion is in line with Corporate Centre instructions and within set deadlines.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns, providing support and guidance as required.
- Prepare calculations for the recommended level of non-technical provisions required for each financial/statutory period end.
- To provide relevant financial information for first review on a monthly basis to allow the speedy preparation of the management accounts.
- To assist with the process of preparing forecast submissions to the UK MU and Corporate Centre, and review with the Senior Accountant and Financial Manager.
- Prepare year end working files for internal control, group submissions and external audit review.
- To be able to perform routine system functions, with the support of the Financial Systems Administrator.
- Learning and development alongside the accounting experts within the Record to Report team, to become fully conversant with all regulatory information and standards required
Qualifications & Experience:
- The successful candidate is likely to be qualified in a professional qualification - be it ACCA or CIMA.
- They will be of a graduate calibre
- The jobholder will be expected to pursue a significant programme of personal development
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet stretching and tight deadlines.
- Finance experience with a strong grasp of double entry is necessary for success in the role.
- Must be analytically and numerically minded
- Advanced PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and accountancy software. Access desirable
- Excellent Customer service skills, including communication, management of expectation, recommendations, quality of outputs.
- The jobholder will be expected to proactively build and maintain relationships with customers throughout the Company
- Quick to learn and responsive to the needs of the business
- Proactive with a 'can do' approach
- The successful candidate will have good commercial skills and the ability to adapt to new environment quickly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986876