Imperial Tobacco is a FTSE Top 25 organisation and one of the world's leading tobacco companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the world. Our UK Sales Market (ITUK) is the UK tobacco market leader manufacturing and distributing a wide ranging portfolio tobacco brands including factory made cigarettes, fine cut tobacco and other tobacco products.
In this role, the post holder will be responsible for the budget review process for A&P (£65m), Overheads (£60m) and Margin Support (£50m) the Commercial Accountant is the Finance partner for the business, responsible for the fixed costs budget and forecast setting, tracking actuals against budget/forecast and having full understanding of any variances. The role will partner the Sales & Marketing teams, providing insight around fixed costs associated with current activity and any new projects/initiatives
- Preparation and collation of budgets via regular liaison with all cost centre managers in the business
- Support UK budget holders with regular actual and budgetary reporting.
- Tracking of actual spend against budget and hold monthly reviews meetings with budget holders to ensure they are kept informed and targets are met.
- Responsible for checking signed off budgets are correctly loaded to SAP so no overspends can occur alongside financial control.
- Look for opportunities to support budget holders in reducing spend where appropriate to help deliver market operating profit.
- Ensure that governance around additional spend requests is adhered to.
- Working alongside Financial Control to ensure alignment of reported spend and management of Budget tracking.
- Responsible for preparing the Capex and depreciation forecast.
- Ensure the financial forecast and spend on EUTPD is kept up to date.
- Involvement in department and cross functional projects providing financial perspective and advice.
- Support the business with ad hoc requests on Net Revenue, Cost of Sales, Gross Margin, A&P, Overheads and Profit.
- Update Volume, Price, Mix templates when required
- Assist the completion of the cluster leadership team finance pack on a monthly basis.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience of working in an FMCG company with knowledge of FMCG, sales and marketing and supply chain.
- Detailed knowledge of budgetary and control issues and the ability to apply them together with a commercial awareness to understand impact of the numbers.
- Ability to analyse financial information and explain it clearly.
- Good communication skills with ability to convey financial information to non-finance managers.
- Capable of handling a variety of tasks and prioritising accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Qualified accountant with an appropriate professional body.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel.
- SAP experience - confidence in extracting data and building reports, posting journals as required.
- Ability to focus on completing a task with accuracy often to tight deadlines.
- Proactive outlook, suggesting and driving through improvements in the way tasks are done.
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of being a completer/finisher.
- Ability to stand back and understand the 'big picture' as well as the detail.
- Proactive in suggesting and driving through improvements in the way the department operates.
- Team player, but with the ability to act on own initiative when appropriate.
- Confidence to 'own' delivery and not shy from making decisions in line with their authority to operate.
- Prepared to work outside of normal core hours to meet crucial reporting deadlines.
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75961139