Our client is currently looking for a UI/UX Designer to come and join their team based in Stockport. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. They have spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
They have built a collaborative and creative culture where they employ agile techniques to deliver their pace-setting applications. They like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
About the UI/UX Designer role
As a UI/UX Designer, you will use your creative experience and empathy for users to design an eye catching user interfaces, focusing on accessibility and simplicity. You will be a storyteller, translating broad ideas into elegant user experiences. Your user centred focus and natural curiosity will help us constantly evolve their products so that they always provide what the customer needs.¬
Working in an agile environment, you will thrive on collaboration, participating in workshops, translating gathered requirements into workflows. This role is perfect for a creative web/UI designer, looking to work on Greenfield projects where they can add considerable value to the design. The Ideal person will be passionate about everything design, UX, accessibility, heuristics, and will have the ability to drive research & innovation, making recommendations along the way. If this sounds like you and you are up for the challenge, then our client would love to hear from you.
Requirements needed to become a UI/UX Designer
- Proven experience in a Web/UI/UX Design role
- Demonstrable experience of designing cutting edge digital products across web and mobile platforms.
- Strong understanding of User Experience Design.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of user-centred design principles and methodologies
- Understanding of W3C Accessibility, Usability and Inclusion guidelines
- Extensive experience with design tools such as Axure, Sketch, Invision
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Portfolio of examples
Benefits of becoming a UI/UX Designer
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you would like to join the team as the new UI/UX Designer please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76040247