We are seeking aPartnership Accountant to join Freshfields at our new Global Centre (Europe) in Manchester.
The overall remit of the partnership accounting team is to support all aspects of the firm's partnership accounting function on a global basis, including inter alia, the calculation and payment of partners' profit share (drawings & distributions), the management of partners' capital and partnership capital loans and responsibility for partners' tax reserving.
The Partnership Accountant will operate within a team of 4. The candidate should attain a wide breadth of experience to enable them to perform the role and to provide cover for team members.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it matters most, wherever in the world that may be. We deliver seamless service across borders, cultures and languages, and the launch of the Freshfields Global Centre (Europe) is central to this vision.
Our aspiration is to extend the Centre outside Europe, enabling us to give our lawyers the worldwide 24/7 support they need to deliver excellent client service.
You will be joining us in the early stages of this initiative, and helping to shape this new and exciting way of delivering our global services. Whatever your area of expertise, this is a place where you can be yourself and really flourish.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Assisting with the quarterly profit distributions process and the preparation of BACS payments;
- Management of forecast, calculation and preparation of partners' monthly drawings;
- Calculation of retired partner annuities, processing monthly and quarterly payments and the production of quarterly statements;
- Management of partnership capital including contributions, capital loan repayments and capital interest calculations/payments;
- Group Life insurance and other cost allocations and quarterly processing to the ledgers;
- Ownership of partners' capital and current and similar accounts. Balance sheet reconciliations and peer review;
- Processing of inter offices and journals;
- Preparation of partners' quarterly distribution statements;
- Assisting with the preparation of partner cash flow projections;
- Liaising with the firm's auditors and preparation data for disclosure in the firm's Annual Report & Financial Statements;
- Management reporting on an ad hoc basis to facilitate decision making.
- Part qualified or newly qualified ACA or equivalent;
- Background in partnerships or similar;
- Confident when communicating with partners and staff at all levels;
- Ability to gain a good overview as well as being involved in the detail;
- Numerate, methodical and proactive;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Friendly, outgoing, social personality;
- Must be a team player.
Our reward package is designed to offer you a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of employee benefits and the potential to receive an additional bonus each year, recognising the contribution you make to the firm.
You can choose from a variety of insurance policies, services and products to help you secure your financial future, protect your health and fitness, and make your life easier. You will receive 26 days' holiday each year, with the option to purchase additional days, plus free access to market-leading health and wellbeing websites and services.
As you would expect, we will support you through the major events in your life, so we offer competitive maternity, flexible working and leave policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75923694