Senior Partnership Accountant
We are seeking a Senior Partnership Accountant to join Freshfields at our new Global Centre (Europe) in Manchester.
The Senior Partnership Accountant will gain an understanding of all aspects of the above, perform specific tasks as outlined below and assist in reviewing work performed by more junior members of the team.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it matters most, wherever in the world that may be. We deliver seamless service across borders, cultures and languages, and the launch of the Freshfields Global Centre (Europe) is central to this vision.
Our aspiration is to extend the Centre outside Europe, enabling us to give our lawyers the worldwide 24/7 support they need to deliver excellent client service.
You will be joining us in the early stages of this initiative, and helping to shape this new and exciting way of delivering our global services. Whatever your area of expertise, this is a place where you can be yourself and really flourish.
ABOUT PARTNERSHIP ACCOUNTS
The Partnership Accounting team is responsible for all aspect of partnership accounting globally, including inter alia, the calculation of partners' profits shares; payment of monthly drawings and quarterly distributions; management of partnership capital & capital loans and quarterly tax reserving. The team also has responsibility for the administration & payment of the partners' annuity schemes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Responsibility for/ownership of the partners' profit sharing model which calculates, inter alia, quarterly profit distributions and tax reserves for all partners across the network;
- Quarterly reconciliation of all aspects of the global distribution process in preparation for review and sign off;
- Work closely with the firm's Management Team and the Head of Partners' Tax on specific areas of partners' remuneration and tax requirements;
- Communicate international payment instructions to finance teams across the network, providing support to local finance teams;
- Gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of partnership capital (including capital loans and interest payments) and review the work performed by more junior members of the team;
- Manage/maintain the firm's locksteps;
- Review partners monthly drawings calculation/payments;
- Responsible for the integrity of partners' capital & current accounts balances globally;
- Gain an understating all aspects of the retired partners' annuity scheme, including calculation and payment of annuities, preparation of quarterly statements and compliance with capping procedures;
- Provide management information to facilitate decision making;
- Respond to request for confirmation of earnings to facilitate bank lending and requests for cash flow projections to assist with planning;
- Liaise with the firm's auditors and provide data to the financial accounting team for disclosure in Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP's Annual Report & Financial Statements;
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach, identify potential developments to the team's output;
- Have an appreciation for the statutory reporting requirements of the UK LLP and a broad understanding of partners' tax requirements across each jurisdiction.
- ACA or equivalent;
- Background in partnerships or similar;
- Ability to gain a good overview as well as being prepared to get involved in the detail;
- Confident when communicating with partners and staff at all levels;
- Numerate, methodical and proactive;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Friendly, outgoing, social personality;
- Must be a team player.
Our reward package is designed to offer you a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of employee benefits and the potential to receive an additional bonus each year, recognising the contribution you make to the firm.
You can choose from a variety of insurance policies, services and products to help you secure your financial future, protect your health and fitness, and make your life easier. You will receive 26 days' holiday each year, with the option to purchase additional days, plus free access to market-leading health and wellbeing websites and services.
As you would expect, we will support you through the major events in your life, so we offer competitive maternity, flexible working and leave policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75923610