Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a highly reputable Building Services practice on a permanent basis in Newcastle. Our client has a wealth of knowledge and experience delivering expert multi-disciplinary design and engineering services to major projects throughout the UK and internationally. From Civic centres, to sports stadiums and luxury residential developments, they have worked with some of the world's most notable organisations. Due to an increasing workload, they are looking for an enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer to join their innovative team.
The selected candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities that will include:
- Undertaking mechanical design elements for major projects
- Working closely with a variety of stakeholders including designers, clients and sub-contractors
- Managing the production of detailed drawings and reports
- Preparing mechanical specifications
- Attending project meetings
- Managing project teams to ensure work meets required quality and standards of the project brief
- Providing training and guidance to junior team members
Essential skills experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in relevant subject
- Relevant professional qualification, or working towards professional qualification
- Proven experience with mechanical design across a range of medium to large scale projects
- Ability to deliver effective mechanical solutions to complex projects
- Proven experience leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads, multi-task, and meet strict deadlines
- Confident with developing long-term client relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with mechanical design of large-scale data centres would be an advantage
As well as a competitive salary, our client is also offering a comprehensive benefits package including a generous pension scheme, healthcare plan, life assurance, profit share scheme, income protection, and more!
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Luke Hanson on 02392 603030 or email Luke.Hanson @blueprintrecruit.com and quote 12933LH. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76019051