Hours: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Contributed Pension Scheme; Group Life Cover; Private Health Care; Child Care Vouchers; Group Income Protection & more
My client is looking for an Applications Engineer to report to the Technical Support Manager - this is an ideal opportunity in a rapidly expanding business for a technically minded individual who is keen to pursue a career in the Photonics industry.
- Providing front-line support, via phone and email
- Communicate with customers to understand their application and to help identify solutions
- Provide support to other sites regarding products manufactured in UK office
- Assist with the development of new products by providing feedback on concepts from a customer's perspective as well as testing and reporting performance and non-conformance
- Identify new product opportunities through customer conversations
- Assist with building product demos for tradeshows and replication of customer set ups for troubleshooting and training
- Occasionally attend domestic and international tradeshows as well as participate in customer visits
- Masters degree in Physics or Life Science discipline and experience with optical fibre, optics, electronics and lasers
- Excellent communication, attention to detail and follow-up skills required
- Computer literate
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76032471