We are currently recruiting exclusively for a Financial Controller to join a rapidly expanding multi-site owner managed Group based in West Yorkshire.
Our client is a dynamic owner-manager who has ambitious plans to continue growing this Group over the short, medium and long term. Over the last 10 years they have consistently acquired numerous sites, making them one of the most exciting businesses in the region. The Group is currently looking at Private Equity backing for 2018/2019.
As Financial Controller, you will be reporting to the portfolio Financial Director with 3 direct reports.
Your remit will include the preparation of timely, accurate Monthly Management and other Financial Information for the Finance Director for presentation to the Board & External Stakeholders. You will lead the Finance team, and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the Group, heading up the day to day activities. You may also be required to work closely with various other key stakeholders of the senior management team on ad hoc projects.
Due to the exciting growth plans, you will likely be involved in the potential upcoming PE process, and definitely involved in numerous acquisitions.
You will be a proven qualified accountant with experience as a Financial Controller. Group accounting experience would also be highly beneficial, as would experience managing a team of individuals, although these are not prerequisites.
Key experience / skills required:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail
- Up-to-date technical skills and confident preparing UK statutory accounts
- The ability to work closely with external advisers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will engage with colleagues on a daily basis and you'll need to ensure processes and standards are being followed
- Strong people manager who can evidence development of staff
- Confidence to challenge the Finance Director whilst maintaining a positive working relationship
Importantly the Financial Controller will need to grow and develop as the Group continues to expand and broaden its portfolio. The Group has come a long way in the last 5 years and will be different again in another 5.
The role will offer a basic salary between £50,000 - £70,000.