Trade Mark Attorney
Our IP team is ranked in the top tier by both Chambers and Legal 500. We have a `comprehensive commercial and contentious IP offering to rival those of City and international firms`. Clients praise us for our “concise, business-savvy advice” (both Chambers)
We offer advice on all aspects of intellectual property, including ownership and protection, exploitation and enforcement.
We are looking for an experienced Trade Mark Attorney to provide well-informed, strategic and pragmatic advice in a client-facing position.
This demanding but exciting role involves working with our close-knit team of contentious and non-contentious IP lawyers and being responsible for advising our client roster of global brands on all aspects of trade mark clearance, protection, enforcement and strategy.
You will provide clearance advice for new product launches, deal with office actions, oppositions, and invalidity actions at the UK and EUIPO, as well as appeals. You will also be expected to advise clients on potential infringement issues. You must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the bigger picture and provide outcomes-focussed, strategic advice. We provide our clients with answers, not obstacles.
We manage the trade mark portfolios of some of the world's best known and most challenging brands. Our IP client base includes:
* Discovery Channel
* John Lewis
* Victoria's Secret
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney, with at least 3+ years PQE.
- You will be a strong team player, able to manage a complex and varied workload and prioritise effectively.
- You should be able to demonstrate experience of advising clients in a commercial way.
- You must be commercially astute with strong analytical skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will play a key role in supporting the global IP strategy of our growing and changing business.
* Working with our Trade Mark Administrator to manage all global trade mark filings and contentious proceedings.
* Devising and advising on worldwide TM filing strategies; liaising with local counsel worldwide
* Clearance advice
* Advising on office actions and how to deal with them, and responding to the UK and EUIPO
* Advising on and dealing with oppositions and other contentious proceedings at the UK and EUIPO
* Managing a high calibre and varied workload, as you will be given challenging and technical work
* Developing and growing our TM practice
For further information please contact, in confidence: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0117 307 6026
Please visit our website at www.burges-salmon.com.
Burges Salmon is an Equal Opportunity employer.
No agencies please.