Innovation and Technology Executive
An opportunity has arisen at a Top 10 firm for an Innovation and Technology Executive. This is an exciting time to join an ambitious company committed to helping their employees achieve their career aspirations and contribute towards the success of the firm. The office is located close to major travel links and a competitive salary is on offer.
You will be responsible for:
· Undertaking the technical assessment of claims and producing technical summaries.
· Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through technical discussions with clients.
· Ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of the relevant tax legislation and guidelines.
· Preparation of financial calculations supporting the R&D claims and liaising with tax technical staff.
· Developing relationships with relevant key contacts at HMRC.
· Support of R&D Tax Relief claims in the event of enquiries by HMRC.
· Actively developing and promoting both internally and externally the firm’s R&D tax offering.
· Attending meetings, building and developing effective working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further opportunities and business over time.
· Representing the Firm at seminars, presentations and other events.
· Willingness to travel within the UK.
· Continuously developing own knowledge and skills and to keep technical knowledge up to date.
· A holder of a recognised Engineering or Science University Degree (BSc/ BEng, MSc/ MEng and/ or PhD) in the field of civil or structural engineering is a core requirement. A non-exhaustive list of relevant subjects has been provided below:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering Highways/Transport/Rail Engineering Geotechnical Engineering Environmental Engineering Quantity Surveying + Project Experience A recognised higher-level qualification in business or financial studies such as a business degree would be an added advantage. Previous experience within industry in the application of Science and Engineering is also an added advantage.